rbackmann

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been struggling in Tournements

Lots of big hands 80% favorite preflop
Getting busted.

I find it hard to believe that same results in live games.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Getting busted.

Find it a bit difficult to believe you are getting lots of big hands that are 80% favorite pre flop online, but hey that's just me, no need to offer any proof.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Significantly more bad beats seem to occur online simply because online, the rate of hands you're playing through is so much higher than in live poker. You could get through 10 or more hands in 15 minutes online but in live poker you may not even play through 3 or 4 hands.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the worst bad beat online or LIVE is when you the villain hits a two outer on the river

95% vs 5%

and the 5% wins.. sigh

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Getting busted.

most bad beats in online poker has to do with bad luck and bad running cards for the most part. you could have AA in your hand and still get bean with a lot. i was favorite to win the hand i had KK and my opponent had 44
flop k24
turn 4
river 7
bad beats happen but i got my butt kicked out of a tournament with a really big bad beat and i was mad for a while 3 days after. :elefant:

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have 80% to win, then you have 20% to lose, that means , you’re will lose 20% of time, so don’t be anxious about that, just click on next tournament and play best you can. Results will come to you

rbackmann

rbackmann

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I get it
pocket over pair last 5 times ive busted
as stated in previous post
JJ over 10 10 and 10 on river 4 times just a run of bad cards I guess

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It often infuriates me when I bet everything with AK and the opponent calls from A6 and the river comes 6, and it happens very often.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
recently, I changed my mind to put all in preflop, even with strong cards, well, unless it's a couple of aces. I've been out a lot of times with classic garbage. this action is necessary only if it affects the tournament life and you have a short stack or Vice versa you chip leader and are not afraid to lose some part. in other cases, the hope for bingo does not justify the means.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It often infuriates me when I bet everything with AK and the opponent calls from A6 and the river comes 6, and it happens very often.

That is why I decided to play the flop every single time unless I have less than 10BB then any decent hand is a shove, and also except for premium pairs JJ+ where it's a raise or re-raise, it also depends on how big of a stack the opponent has or if the pot is 2/3/4way, you won't wanna risk your tournament life or not bubble being so close to it with AJ AQ or even AK, but against a short stack, easy shove, by short stack I mean 20% or less of your actual stack not half of it.

Crispoker540

Crispoker540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol thats happend ALL THE TIME to me, now only calls all in if have 10bb or less

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol thats happend ALL THE TIME to me, now only calls all in if have 10bb or less
Yes, this people especially in the early phase of tournament who goes all in as soon they see the ace really annoying me, I am paying only if I am really low stack.

J

Joehonus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this people especially in the early phase of tournament who goes all in as soon they see the ace really annoying me, I am paying only if I am really low stack.
You have to play tight in beginning phases of tournament... you cant win a tournament in the beginning, but you can lose it!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
many times and against Russians. this weekend losing over 90 $ is just taking bad!

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beats happens you just gotta take it and move on knowing you were ahead

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on where your playing

Is it free rolls lol because that's gonna speak for itself and even and micro limits no caution is given to a 55 can't buy in

Definitely a different mind set at high levels of play I would say medium and high limit tournaments where its worthwhile to discuss the game play

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket jacks and tens usually get beat by whatever when I'm playing the pockets. I just don't know what it is but I know theres still a lot I need to learn to improve my game.!!