with a 30$ br what tournament should i be playing

C

crazyplayer101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what type of ourneys hsould i be playing and i also play a 2.20 mtt here and there is that ok ?
its a bounty

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $30 you should be playing 2NL and $1 STTs. And that's it.

MTT bounties, well... if they're like 50% bounty then you can play $1s and look primarily to score bounties, but otherwise no. You need 80 buy-ins at least to play an MTT format. The variance in those is ENORMOUS.

$2 tournaments of any format are a no-no unless you're prepared to lose your roll quickly and redeposit.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobonc... Good lesson. The key is towards the end. Value the money you buy in and not use it as chance to take a shot at jackpot.

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 should be your top, but I wouldn't blame you if you splurged on the occasional 2.20. MTT players try to have 100x the buyin of their tournies...I don't even know how many 30 cent tournies exist

MiamiMadePunk

MiamiMadePunk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $30, you should focus on SNG's till your at $80, Once your at $80, then your allow to play Cash Games and small MTT. Never sacrifice more than 2% of your BR, it's the rules.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing...play dollar sit n gos and hope to run good...mtt variance will crush your roll

C

crazyplayer101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh ok thank you and just to be clear imo i suck at cash games haha and if im going to be playing stt sng's what format should i be playing with this low amout ?

C

crazyplayer101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also does anyone think itd be a good idea to enter the poker maximus events?

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh ok thank you and just to be clear imo i suck at cash games haha and if im going to be playing stt sng's what format should i be playing with this low amout ?
DONs are nice and low-variance, but they're boring. Imo play just regular $1 10-mans or 6-mans or whatever.

MiamiMadePunk

MiamiMadePunk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also does anyone think itd be a good idea to enter the poker maximus events?

just focus on the $1.10 tourneys till you get an appropriate roll. If you can get to 100 vip points this month, you can enter on the free PM satellite giveaway and hope you get a nice ticket.

C

crazyplayer101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok ill play knock outs? cuz thats got plenty of action haha

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2,2$ MTT is too expensive with that bankroll. I would recommend you tournament for 0,25$ or 0,1$ SNG at pokerstars.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest that you concentrate on $1 buy in MTT's or SNG's. Good luck building your br.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would use all the money on satellites for the sunday million, once you win a satellite you can play sunday million and ship it for a hefty sum of money
best of luck :) seriously though recommend you play no more than 1 dollar tourneys with that br

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
US player bro

i would firstly move from the usa...just like i actually did lol after spending 13 years there, even though i would move to canada cause there laws are cool, but again seriously though i would probably grind cash games cause the us tourneys are terrible, so cash and sit and gos...no tourneys are worth even playing on us sites

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would firstly move from the usa...
There's no need, unless like you plan to grind full-time for a living. But a kid just starting out who doesn't even know rudimentary BRM? naaah.

C

crazyplayer101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know some br management :p i think the average is 50 buy ins and if your a pro more like 100 im not completely stupid when it comes to poker lol and some of the carbon tourneys have 500 entrys even though i know poker stars or full tilt has like 5000 its enough to play the tourneys

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^That's for STTs. YOu don't really wanna be playing MTTs with less than 100 BIs.

C

crazyplayer101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have an idea :D im gonna play the .42/.21 and when i do win i will be able to use that money for mtt :D

IM deusXmachina

IM deusXmachina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ferguson method of bank roll management uses 5% in cash games or 2% in any tourney. However 1 dollar tourneys are acceptable if 2% of your bankroll is less than 1 dollar. So it looks like you are relegated to the 1 dollar trnys till you see some consistant cashes, or you hit a bigger mtt score. Good Luck!

:2h4: