100k stack, about average
Dealt 9-10 suited....diamonds
In SB
Three callers of 20K blind
I call and BB checks
Flop 2 & 4 diamonds, with K clubs
First two check......and eventually fold
Next goes all-in 100k
Obviously I'm behind, but what would you do?
So many outs with all the diamonds, and two chances to hit

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three callers of 20K blind
Does this mean the blinds are 10K/20K and you all have only a few BB worth stacks?
If that is the case, it would be better to shove or fold pre-flop, calling being the worse option imo :)
As played, tough decision, considering the blinds passed you, that you are on the BU the next hand and considering that everyone is shortstacked, it is not a bad thing to fold, and wait for someone to bust by the time blinds get to you again.

F

Formland

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There were 3 callers before I did, and 5 after the BB checked.
There were two larger stacks, one of 600k and another 240k, but they had folded
Yes thought about folding and letting button pass pre-flop with so many callers, but for extra 10k why not see flop b4 deciding. I figured with 3 already in and the BB to act after me, one of them had to have something decent and would call should I go all-in, so really all-in pre-flop not a good option I thought.
After the flop it all checked around to the last to act and they shoved and we eventually found out they had AK. I thought about it then called which put me all-in by a 10K. The BB then also called and had KQ (not sure why they checked first post flop before later shoving, but I suppose trying to trap someone......that didn't work out too well).
The AK had an ace of diamonds, so that was one less out but I expected some of my 9 outs to be gone, but still had many.

O

Orman Nelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There were 3 callers before I did, and 5 after the BB checked.
There were two larger stacks, one of 600k and another 240k, but they had folded
Yes thought about folding and letting button pass pre-flop with so many callers, but for extra 10k why not see flop b4 deciding. I figured with 3 already in and the BB to act after me, one of them had to have something decent and would call should I go all-in, so really all-in pre-flop not a good option I thought.
After the flop it all checked around to the last to act and they shoved and we eventually found out they had AK. I thought about it then called which put me all-in by a 10K. The BB then also called and had KQ (not sure why they checked first post flop before later shoving, but I suppose trying to trap someone......that didn't work out too well).
The AK had an ace of diamonds, so that was one less out but I expected some of my 9 outs to be gone, but still had many.
Essentially, you were in perfect position for what I once heard called the stop and go play. You would have shoved if you were first in the pot, but because you had so many limpers in front of you and very little fold equity you can call here with the intention of pushing after the flop(in this case it would essentially have been a semi=bluff anyhow). Since you are first to act after the flop you are making your competition make the tougher decision post-flop.

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on what is my premonition on that especific moment.Generally on final tables I get tired and call.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd fold here. Yes you have a lot of outs with the diamonds but T9s is not a strong drawing hand in this case as you could very easily be against Axd since final table ranges usually have any ace combo in them. Also just by looking at the king and thinking kx is in the v range you're behind by a lot (odds oracle has him a 2:1 equity favorite post flop with kx) and you really have to pick up that flush to win this hand and hope he's not suited. Based on the limp call I can see Axs with x being a 8 or lower and he's also hoping for the nut flush draw. The Kxd hands are slightly harder to put them on because you just don't see a lot of people limping with K5s or K3s from MP and I don't see why he'd limp in with something like KJs+. That's just my opinion of what I'd do and why but it's really just cause I don't like T9s, now if the flop was Ad4dks I think calling that is a much better idea because it gets rid of a lot of other 'limpable' Ax hands that could be nut flush here so yeah I really just want to fold because of the flop and the starting hand lol. Hope that helps you some:)

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a fold preflop for me. You don't have implied odds with 5BBs so suited connectors are junk and this is far from an uncontested pot. After calling, check and hope to see a free card, then just check fold and hope to ladder with such a short stack.

I get wanting to limp in, hit big, and get back into the tournament but you're usually better off stealing when first in the pot.

If you are very familiar with how your opponents are playing and think a bet could get through on this type of board texture I'm okay with going all-in instead of checking the flop.

Good luck to you! :D

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You only have 5BB, now 4BB, van't do much damage, gamble and if you hit you win, only 1 over card which could be an attempt yo steal,

DcrcKdKng

DcrcKdKng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would adopt the push/fold strategy in this spot. if the average is being that short and the tournament has a good pay jump, then shove would be probably a better choice here. You have a decent hand and none of the villains show strength pre flop. The pay jump would make difficult for them to call and you would be really happy to collect the dead Money and improve your stack.

but this was not the case...
in this scenario, with short stacks and 80k behind, i would probably go for it... the pot is huge and besides de ~ 36% of hitting your flush, you have Q and J to improve your hand in the turn too.

If you hit this you probably would be the CL in the final table and go for the win (this is what we want).

Regards,

:jd4:

T

the0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in of course on this draw, increased equity in the end.

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since everyone limped, you can expect no premium holdings as they would likely raise to protect against a community pot and getting outflopped. An all in could work but with so many behind and your shirt stack you may get an unwanted call. K think better choice is preflop folding and waiting for a better hand in position, but you’re basically in shove/fold mode.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold and wait for a made hand, your stack would be crippled. Every step up the ladder the money increases significantly, have lost so many chips chasing. I don't think your pot odds are enough to risk so much even with all the outs you have.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 5BB this hand for me is push or fold preflop,becouse you cant call 1 bet on drew on the flop commiting almost whole stack and then fold if diamond doesnt come.But if i somehow limp with that stack and i hit diamond drew yea i shove and call any bet for sure...in the end with limping you wanted that kind of flop....