6 minute blinds, avg stack, JJ

B

bernotasiggy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just under average stack, first to act, got JJ, raise about 3x. Should I just shove? i had 2 callers. one ended up with 2 pair at the flop. After I shoved he then got a full house.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes shove maybe you get 1 caller then still lose 50 percent of time two callers on average you lose 66.6 percent of time roughly speaking of course tournaments I won in the past though I folded JJ without blinking preflop when one or especially 2 players go all in preflop good luck.:eek:
If had 5 dollars for every time I lost a huge pot with JJ I would be a millionaire.:(

B

bernotasiggy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes shove maybe you get 1 caller then still lose 50 percent of time two callers on average you lose 66.6 percent of time roughly speaking of course tournaments I won in the past though I folded JJ without blinking preflop when one or especially 2 players go all in preflop good luck.:eek:
If had 5 dollars for every time I lost a huge pot with JJ I would be a millionaire.:(

reality is I think if you don't win any 50-50 flips you probably won't win the tournament. Rare someone wins without any lucky flips.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reality is I think if you don't win any 50-50 flips you probably won't win the tournament. Rare someone wins without any lucky flips.

Yes your right you have to win flips got knocked out of a game earlier though with QQ on bubble with huge stack crucified by AK fold QQ make cash poker such a sick game.
We get far to attached to the big pairs.:confused:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it would depend. If i have 12 BB or less i will shove almost every time. If i was deeper i would raise it up every time to 2.5 to 3 times the BB depending on the situation. The problem is i realty depends on the situation. I wish you had provided some more details. You said you are under average stack but was this on the money bubble? Final table bubble? is level? I could have loved to give a better detailed response but just need more information,

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is an over or an easy draw for the other player to make, you might want to proceed with caution. I wouldn't go all in pre flop though unless you were short stacked or had more chips than anyone after you. After all jacks are still only the 4th best pocket pair. Good Luck

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have just under average stack, first to act, got JJ, raise about 3x. Should I just shove? i had 2 callers. one ended up with 2 pair at the flop. After I shoved he then got a full house.
How many chips is average?

Cant just shove pre with a monster hand like JJ if you have more than 15bb!