4Bet or call with AK?

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys! I have a question: should I give 4bet or call with AK (no info)? To illustrate I will describe two situations that have occurred with me: 1 - UTG did 2x, MP 3betou for 6x and I was in CO with AKo. Villains under 75bb. 2 - CO did 2x, 3betou to 6x and I was in BB with AKs. Villains over 135bb. In both, I just paid and had to drop after the flop was completely wrong (at 1, the UTG went all in on the flop and at 2 the flop was monochrome with low cards and I dropped for 1/2 pot c-bet) . Game nl2 zoom sh.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first spot is definitely much tougher than the 2nd flop. You're having to go in cold to a hand with a raise and 3bet, both players having uncapped ranges. I would probably be inclined to call/fold in situation 1 and 4 bet in situation 2. In situation 1 you have a positional advantage, but UTG and MP ranges are likely very tight and skew towards premium hands. In situation 2, they are later position so their ranges are wider. You are also out of position so it's tougher to play postflop, a cold 4 bet also puts anything but premium hands in a very difficult position to continue.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(6x - its a 12bb? Just dont understand 6x from bb or from openraise)
If 12bb
The first you must fold ))) Free position vs hard ranges of opponents.
The second you must chose beetwen 4bet and cold-call+call only one all-in.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is Zoom, im actually thinking that im inclined to fold here, 3x the bb was deserving of a call or reraise if no other action, but with the other raise, you cant really call, if your calling your looking for a VERY strong hand as i stated its Zoom, your not going to get people calling with worse very often, so if you have to hit that hard there is no point wasting 6 or even 12bb especially since we dont know if the UTG will reraise, its only my opinion but i dont think we have the odds to see a flop in this situation

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one thing you kind of have to take away from this, is AK is not a made hand. It is not AA or KK. The only time AK has a ton of value is on the final table with 5 or less people left.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nl zoom cash plays very tight. Id still 4bet each of these to 16bb and 18bb.