3Bet Shoving Calculations - CardsChat Training Video

L

LuckyLuke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Another MTT training video is now up, this one is on how to best calculate 3bet shoving spots using Holdem Resources Calculator - it looks at a spot where we're 3bet shoving out of the small blind.

As ever please post any feedback or questions below, and feel free to post your own hands for discussion if you wish!

Remember to hit me up for private coaching if you'd like - I run free consults via Skype - reach out to me via PM for scheduling. Good luck on the grind!

Best,

Luke

Last edited by a moderator:
Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't believe I missed this one. I like it a lot. I noticed you invited people to post some specific hands to get some advice. I wish I had one handy myself which would be appropriate to the conversation... so I will keep it in mind. Nice explanation. I know this post is a little old, but I think it needed a bump. :wavey:

Keep up the good work!

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't believe I missed this one. I like it a lot. I noticed you invited people to post some specific hands to get some advice. I wish I had one handy myself which would be appropriate to the conversation... so I will keep it in mind. Nice explanation. I know this post is a little old, but I think it needed a bump. :wavey:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the bump up! I missed this too. Very interesting video & I'll make sure to check my history to see if I have an interesting hand saved to get some advice on :)

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like this too. I would definitely like to see more videos from Lucky Luke. I like his presentation style. The content is clear and well-paced. Very good explanation. I would say it is just about right for me. Thank you Luke. I like your work and I will be interested to see many more. Good job.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Keep up the good work!
heyyy Dawn, I see that the tournaments have gone very well lately, luck or good game?

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As ever please post any feedback or questions below, and feel free to post your own hands for discussion if you wish!

Okay, so this is obviously a +EV move, a regular 3bet sizing would make me pot committed so I shoved. My question: I am wondering what my range of 3bet shoving should look like in this case and if the call was correct by villain?

https://www.boomplayer.com/27595321_4825A94329

No reads/stats on villains, apart from that it's the university league tournament. So the ranges are generally on the wide side for opening and calling behind.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so this is obviously a +EV move, a regular 3bet sizing would make me pot committed so I shoved. My question: I am wondering what my range of 3bet shoving should look like in this case and if the call was correct by villain?

No reads/stats on villains, apart from that it's the university league tournament. So the ranges are generally on the wide side for opening and calling behind.
I am glad someone chimed in with an example, I won't put in my two cents... it seems only appropriate that we let Luke answer!

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
won't say anything about your play but can i know who that is that called shove with A9 please send them to my table please lol

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Another MTT training video is now up, this one is on how to best calculate 3bet shoving spots using Holdem Resources Calculator - it looks at a spot where we're 3bet shoving out of the small blind.

Remember to hit me up for private coaching if you'd like - I run free consults via Skype - reach out to me via PM for scheduling. Good luck on the grind!

Best,

Luke
Is 99 a good pair for Cbet and shove pos flop?even with a flop like this one? J 8 4 turn 7 I went all in the villian had QA and he called with a eliminating A in the river.

L

LuckyLuke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

First off sorry I did not see this post - I have been out of action for a little while in the forums but back to it now! It's definately the best option with AK here facing so much action, a shove if anything looks lighter than a sized (committing) 3bet, and you don't want 3-way action either. The call with A9 is dreadful and a losing play for sure, even with dead money. With 24bbs effective I could see you shoving wider here including hands like AQo and AJs for sure, likely wider still. It depends somewhat on the opener's range, and any reads you may have. It's also a long calculation in HRC since you must define each flatter's range, but in essence only the first flatter can sometimes have traps (AA, KK), the second caller never can, and you have heaps of fold equity against all the flatters. So I'd imagine hands like KQs and certainly some midpairs like TT also do great here, equitywise. With a short stack in the BB I'd be inclined to squeeze shove more, and flat less often.

By the way guys, remember I offer free 20 minute strategy chats in Skype for anyone considering private coaching - feel free to PM me about that in the forums or add me on Skype @ lukehaward. GL on the grind!

L

LuckyLuke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is 99 a good pair for Cbet and shove pos flop?even with a flop like this one? J 8 4 turn 7 I went all in the villian had QA and he called with a eliminating A in the river.

Sorry it is hard to evaluate your question unless you post the full hand history, or give more details such as position, stack depth, type of event, reads, stats, and full sequence of action with sizings.

J

JanelaPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great video

Thank you for posting this video! Where was this before my last three bet shoving situation? Hahaha