3bet reraise - mistake or not?

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, that's a mistake all day, every day.

You've only got 10bbs and behind a min raise and flatter. I believe your play here is to SHOVE. As you noticed after original raiser shoved your only play was to call any way so you need to put the pressure on them to call your bet or not.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it was fair enough after two players raising only 2x. But I didn't understand the bet size. You put half of your stack on the table, and left only 4 BBs left. You are already committed to the pot. I think shove would be a better decision. Maybe they would fold, maybe not. But even they just called, you would be in a all in situation after the flop anyways. So, why not shove the hand in first place?

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about everything being in bold. "SHOVE" is the only word I wanted to bold.

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have just shoved but, with 10 bb and against AK, AK, I think that hand is going to play out the same way no matter what you do. Unless you just call but, I think that is a big mistake.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone here is right mate!! Shove was the only option here. But wait a moment if you wanted to keep playing this tournament you had to fold when you received the re-shoves from their part. I know you are committed and you had to call but with those all-ins . I had to pause the clock think a little bit and say .. I am way behind and I will fold now .

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think if you have less than 20BB your aim is to double up. My take on this is we don't have to All-in on preflop. I think 3-bet is good as it also open to some crazy man to call with his weak hands because thinking that you want to steal blinds.

However, because 2 people behind you shove, it means they both or one of them also have strong hands, either AK, AQ, KK, KQ, or QQ. You could either fold or try to join into coin flip battle. Unfortunately, they both have AK and hit post flop. Lastly, even though you All-in there, they would still call you.

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone here is right mate!! Shove was the only option here. But wait a moment if you wanted to keep playing this tournament you had to fold when you received the re-shoves from their part. I know you are committed and you had to call but with those all-ins . I had to pause the clock think a little bit and say .. I am way behind and I will fold now .

I still don't think you can fold even after the shove and call. I could be wrong here but I don't see a fold for this hand in any way, shape, or form.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what bad luck

Hello, why not use the card chat replayer? I just noticed that it has a very good replayer ...
Just did not understand your move u had 6 bb made a tribet left 2 bb behind? I thought the play was wrong, the right was really shovy ... but it wouldn't change anything, I would call anyway, but it's very unlucky AK AK what opens? AKK hahahahaah:eek::eek:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course not, this is a freeroll and you had good chances against the range of rivals. I just did not win a coin, although the chances were good

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there was any mistake . Most people I'm sure would have done the same just out of dont luck.