3bet bluff tips?

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to expand my 3 bet range from just QQ+ AQ+ to include some bluffs preflop. Re-popping a loose player from the button or blinds gets a decent number of folds, but im wondering what is the best spot and which hands are most reasonable to try this with. Button? SB? BB? With pocket pairs? Hands like A8o, K10o? Any tips? Thanks.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You will include hands with equity to begin with Axs but preferably A hands with the probability of both straight and flush potential, For instance I would 3 bet less often the A8s compared with the A3s. Furthermore you can 3bet suited connectors 45s+ may work for you. When you gain more experience try out what fits you better.

The position you will decide to 3bet depends only from one factor the table dynamics. You can 3 bet from the SB if the BTN player steals in every orbit[raise around 3-3.5x the initial open but be careful if you have less than 20bbs it will be better to shove against him].

Another move I use is 3bet from the BTN I apply pressure and I also have the position advantage postflop.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can expand to any Ace of the same suit. Even A2-A5, as they well fall into the straight.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well 3 bets is always tell you have it hard the flop or you have a bighand. So you tell a story !! Make sure you will playnit like this all the way. Because the non beleiver will call you as soon you will show a little drop of your bet ( dont knok the correct word here but you know what I mean).

Mister Isaev

Mister Isaev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is okay, but only with the good cards im think.

edemberg

edemberg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my point of view, in the game we can only succeed if we bluff a few times, because not always the game is in our favor to send good cards, and we have to participate in betting sometimes if we do not die in the bubble.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say, you should 3bet with speculative hands like suited connectors, suited king and suited ace. It also depends of table rhythm and composition of the table.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Using 3bet preflop is profitable game anyway.just take into consideration your table activity and aggression and chips will flow to you like river.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In order to successfully use the 3-bet, you should pay attention to the statistical indicators that characterize the reset of cards to 3-bet: it's Fold to 3-bet pre-flop, Fold vs Raise on postflop. Obviously, the more these indicators, the more often the opponent will give away the sweat after our 3-bet. If any of these parameters is more than 80%, it is advantageous to do 3-bet with any hand.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to expand my 3 bet range from just QQ+ AQ+ to include some bluffs preflop. Re-popping a loose player from the button or blinds gets a decent number of folds, but im wondering what is the best spot and which hands are most reasonable to try this with. Button? SB? BB? With pocket pairs? Hands like A8o, K10o? Any tips? Thanks.
Much depends on how well you know your opponent game style, whether he shows the strength of his hand from button or cut-off or just he steeling the blinds, if often from a late position from the player goes 3-bet, it's most likely an attempt to steel the bank, you can boldly 3-bet him with a pocket pair, with an Ace on your hands, Broadway cards, or medium suited connectors from position of SB or BB. From the middle or early position, 3-bet usually says about strong card of opponent, and accordingly the reraise should only be if you have very strong hand.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
polarize your 3betting range by threebrtting the top of your range and the bottom of your range. the bottom of your range will be 3bet bluffs and will still have a lot of equity postflop but they will be unpredicyable as well so that when you do hit a strong hand with them you will get paid. I threebet this range with 50bb or more: 99+ / A9s+ / A2s-A5s / A9o+ / K10s / KJo+ / Q10s / QJo / J10s

I flat call this range with 50bb or more: 22 - 88 / KJs+ / QJ / 98s / 87s

this is a more loose aggressive 3bet range. if youre not comfortable playing a loose aggressive style then do not play these ranges because they will get you in dificult spots.

but in this range, 99, 1010, A2s - A5s, A9o, A10o K10s, Q10s, KJo, QJo, and J10s are my 3bet bluffs. the rest are 3bet for value.

it sounds like your playing pretty nitty though so i would recommend trying to transition from nit to TAG before 3betting that wide. dont worry about 3bet bluffing yet, but you absolutely need to add more 3bet value hands to your range. I think a good tag 3bet range should be: JJ+ / A9s+ / AJo+ / KJs+ / KQo / QJs

U

Uzbek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet is bluff?

When a player made 3 bet, it was no bluff, he just try to kick off limper! imho

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is only a flop game! A8, KT preflop are not a bluff! For a bluff fit almost any hand.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experiences with bluffing are rather bad, bluffing should be last resort, when the blinds will gonna eat you soon. That's safer option.
You can also try to bluff with low raises when the pot is pretty high and your opponents only check – so use your position advantage.
In my opinion player shouldn't bluff too much or even never when there's no such a necessity.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're looking to expand your 3bet range try 3 betting IN POSITION, (cant stress enough how important it is to be last to act) with suited connectors

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
polarize your 3betting range by threebrtting the top of your range and the bottom of your range. the bottom of your range will be 3bet bluffs and will still have a lot of equity postflop but they will be unpredicyable as well so that when you do hit a strong hand with them you will get paid. I threebet this range with 50bb or more: 99+ / A9s+ / A2s-A5s / A9o+ / K10s / KJo+ / Q10s / QJo / J10s

I flat call this range with 50bb or more: 22 - 88 / KJs+ / QJ / 98s / 87s

this is a more loose aggressive 3bet range. if youre not comfortable playing a loose aggressive style then do not play these ranges because they will get you in dificult spots.

but in this range, 99, 1010, A2s - A5s, A9o, A10o K10s, Q10s, KJo, QJo, and J10s are my 3bet bluffs. the rest are 3bet for value.

it sounds like your playing pretty nitty though so i would recommend trying to transition from nit to TAG before 3betting that wide. dont worry about 3bet bluffing yet, but you absolutely need to add more 3bet value hands to your range. I think a good tag 3bet range should be: JJ+ / A9s+ / AJo+ / KJs+ / KQo / QJs

^ This :D

A

Andrey007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
About bluffing

You don't have to play the bluff. To bluff, you should be careful, not too often. Big bluff rarely, you have to know when you opponent will believe and throw the cards and when not to.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesnt matter which cards you have if you bluffing. ;)

A

Andrey007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We all sometimes bluffing and not just in poker. The ability to bluff is one of the main qualities of the player that distinguishes a good player from a bad one.

Poker Tips