3-bet range

H

howiepoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that in micro MTTs nearly ever player has an absurdly low fold to 3-bet percentage. Does this mean our 3-bet range should only be JJ+ and AK? Obviously 3-bet bluffing is a no go but I'm not sure it makes sense to 3-bet TT either and just flat TT and lower instead.

Thoughts?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When someone dont fold to 3-bets, you should only 3-bet those hands, that are ahead of the range, they continue with, since you are not getting any fold equity. Which hands, that is, depend on, how wide they open.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that in micro MTTs nearly ever player has an absurdly low fold to 3-bet percentage. Does this mean our 3-bet range should only be JJ+ and AK? Obviously 3-bet bluffing is a no go but I'm not sure it makes sense to 3-bet TT either and just flat TT and lower instead.

Thoughts?
indeed, People get very sticky with their Hands so unless it's a 3bet shove they are likly to overcall.
I would adjust my range against those or raise bigger if you want them to fold.

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a game like that where I’m surrounded by call station fish I tighten up a bit and pound them with big bets pre flop and post flop.

I will call with my good enough to call hands only if I’m in position. Unfortunately 3 Bet bluffing would be temporarily off limits simply because you’d be wasting your time.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, don't 3bet bluff on the micros unless you know that you play against a good player.
But of course keep 3betting your 1010, AQ and occasionally AJ or any other hand if the situation is right.
There are times when you shall not 3bet AQ and there are times where 3betting A9 is an option.
So don't lose your courage and continue your standards.
3bet if you believe that it's the right move and you don't need to play for stacks. If they call and you don't hit then hold your horses :p.
I'm playing micro mtts too and I see people calling 3bets oop with any suited Ace or A10o or even worse hands. Don't you want to 3bet em with your AJs or 1010?

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll oversimplify. You CAN'T bluff bad players. Get in cheap and let them willingly hand their chips over with enthusiasm.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest a tight 3 bet range in the micros because most will not fold to a raise especially after they have already raised. Many are calling stations post flop (very much so on the flop) so if you have a decent hand but not a 3 bet in the micros hand (AQ comes to mind) then just get to the flop and play accordingly. When you flop it you can be aggressive with it and usually get called down.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When somebody makes 3b seems that he has AA or KK. The player does this when he is sure that he has the best hand, and he will be able to answer if in response to his opponent will do all in.