3 bet bluffing

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When 3 bet bluffing with say A5s and you get called, what is your next play. Do you continue the bluff or just give up and figure you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Say the flop is 28T rainbow, c-bet? check fold?

Or Flop is A 9 3 rainbow, c-bet? check fold? check raise?

Or a wet board?

Monotone?

It seems that in my experience on a dry board a c-bet will often take it down but if not then i'm probably beat and have invested a lot in the pot already.

The ace high board is tough because I see many people flatting with KJ,KQ etc so I could be ahead in some respects but again I either take it down with a c-bet or I am way behind against a dominating ace. Sort of a win a smallish pot versus losing a big one.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Like everything in poker it's player dependent. No point in bluffing pre- or post against people who call to much.

Post flop most players also defend with a good ace (like AK-A10) one street. They also often call one street with a pair lower than top pair. So it often comes down if it is worth to bet 2 or 3 barrels if you want them to fold a better hand. If it comes to value an ace toppair is almost never worth more than to bet one street. To check the flop with weaker aces and bet or call one time is often standard. A good ace like TPTK can maybe be good for 2 streets (at least HU).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no general answer to this. It depend on position, board texture, opponent, just like the decision to C-bet or check in a single raised pot. Also if you are using a HUD, and the Villain dont fold to 3-bets, then why try to bluff him with A5s? Bluffing should be reserved for opponents, who are able to fold. Most regulars are, but a lot of recreational players are not.