3 BB late in MTT

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1,000 player MTT online. 10 players left I'm in last place with 3 BB. However the average stack is only about 6 BB. $300 for 1st, $17 for 10th. Slightly flat payout structure for top few places.

5 handed in the big blind with J6o, I have 76k and the big blind is 25k so a third of my stacks is in already. Folds to button who makes it 4x (100k) sb folds to me.

This wasn't an easy decision.

Thoughts?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the characteristics of the buttons playing style? There is more to a decision than your own cards and how many chips are involved.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
76 for me it is fold and without regret.ma think at this moment it is:

"what is he waiting for the game to give me my AA :)"

in any case felicitation for this result and good luck for your next games.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have 2 bbs left, I would call with a Uno Card and a Ken Griffey Jr. Card and be happy getting it in. With the money already in the pot you are getting great odds to call and if there were antes its even better.

hahah love it! Absolutely. Late in MTT with couple BB even if you have the button the ante's will eat ya quick. Really not too much strategy at this point.
If luck got you this far, hopefully it will help you know. If skill got ya a deep run, well that's good, hopefully it will on the regular. But find two that look good - or decent- or are more likely to be founding a deck of cards than a board game or a box of baseball cards.....
I collected cards as a kid. The 89 Upper Deck Griffey Jr. was coveted by many in my early teens/ the early 90s. Good times. Thanks T :)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I would call and just hope to flop a FH :)
Well after that your stack is only going to shrink further.
Rather you play and if you win you have a bigger stack comfort.
Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have 2 bbs left, I would call with a Uno Card and a Ken Griffey Jr. Card and be happy getting it in. With the money already in the pot you are getting great odds to call and if there were antes its even better.
Hahaha nice ! Uno card hahahha . You are right at that point you have to pay without see your cards.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point in your tournament what matters first is the pay jump and the size of the 9th position stack. If you fold you might survive 3-4 more hands. If there's any chance 9th place will be forced to shove and the pay jump is worth waiting for then folding is a good move. Otherwise why wait?

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Quoted for new sig

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heads up against the button whose hand is likely is an easy call. With 3bb you are going to be all in the next hand anyway.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just close your eyes,sigh and call there's nothing to do even if you are 100% sure that the Button player has Aces you still have 5 cards to come just call as there's enough equity for a call. If you fold you will not have any fold equity on the next hand with less than 2 Big blinds you will get busted even with aces or Kings in your next hand.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with most here any two cards im calling. Congrats on making the money, sounds like that tournament was a grind to the end!

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yeah, calling seems like an obvious choice, however I would fold J6o here, since other stacks are also so small. This way will be able to see a couple of hands (may get something prettier than J6o and push first with whatever will be left of your stack) + the chance that other short stacks will have the similar logic (made ITM+short stack so I call with whatever) is high. BTN opens so I doubt he has anything worse than J6o (your hand is very unfortunate here ofc).

Btw 2 day ago I played a FT of 45 max mtsng, and had similar choice with 7/9 paid. Ended up folding both SB and BB and was left with the shortest stack at the BTN - 3 BB. Managed to take the 3rd place :p

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Lol, you don't think about anything and actually you should even be happy that you have J high. Also, you shouldn't be blinded down to 3bb in the first place.