3$ Bankroll

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I got 0.50$ on PS (freeroll leaderboard #1089) and I managed to turn them into 3$. I played one ring game and took 2nd place, I played 2 sattelites (I won one of them but i didn't get into the money in main tournament) then I played Spin'n'Go and I won most of them. I'm thinking to try cash games (maybe easier to double up there) but I never played cash games. What do u think guys, try cash or keep 0.25 spin'n'go? I want to hit 10$.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep working the sit and gos. Just continue to grind them out, play a solid game and you should able to grind out results. $0.25 you gonna but a lot of loose players who probably gonna be looking to shove everyhand so just pick your spots and take down the pots. GL sir

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with ^^ Lerts. Your bankroll is too small for cash games. It's also too soon for 0.25 because you will find many grinders even at those limits. Single table sng for now and play s o l i d.No need for marginal opens , calls or bluffs! gl

D

Dr Peeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash game is a good way to build a stack fast, also a good way to lose it fast. keep up the grind, you can only lose what you put in. the SNG is a good way of controlling that.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx guys for your great advices! Today I think I faced some regulars at 0.25 sng, but I see now that I can play there and make profit, I'll make a deposit maybe later... It's possible guys even for a fish like me! Cheers :)

Z

ZaXXoR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I got 0.50$ on PS (freeroll leaderboard #1089) and I managed to turn them into 3$. I played one ring game and took 2nd place, I played 2 sattelites (I won one of them but i didn't get into the money in main tournament) then I played Spin'n'Go and I won most of them. I'm thinking to try cash games (maybe easier to double up there) but I never played cash games. What do u think guys, try cash or keep 0.25 spin'n'go? I want to hit 10$.

I'd play .02 999 mans .10 360s, .50 9-mans just drop out the .10 at $1 and drop the .50 when ur at .50 or less, grind out the open freerolls and .02 999s, can't be too conservative but we can get the most value and play out of our money by dropping out some games and the .02 and .10 have big value as the play is terrible

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

First to work your bankroll up to $ 100 , and then read the article how to play cash games. Good luck

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

stay away from cash. even at micro limits your bankroll is not ready. At least wait till you get another $2-3. Variance is a killer on-line

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx guys for your great advices! Today I think I faced some regulars at 0.25 sng, but I see now that I can play there and make profit, I'll make a deposit maybe later... It's possible guys even for a fish like me! Cheers :)
Whatever you decide to play, just remember, there is no road to fast cash in poker.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep playing sit go's i think they are alot better than cash games , best of luck bro

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would stick with the spins. The variance in cash games can and will build or destroy stacks very quickly

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn bakroll managment. You can play 0,25 SNG or Spin with $3 only

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I earn 200$ from 0, but then lost it when start play by big buy ins.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Continue the game in those games with which you started! Your bankroll is small, and can not survive a few failures.

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep playing those low stakes sng's cause cash game can take the 3 bucks away easy

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Mike.

Welcome to CardsChat. I hope you are getting the outcomes you wanted from the site and gaining valuable advice from the forums, such as the great advice in this thread.

In my opinion, a lot depends on how long you have been playing poker for. If you are a relative newbie then as you seem comfortable with the SNG game stick to that while you develop your skills to move to another variant such as cash or MTT. The advice re cash games is very good. You can win, but you can also lose. This will demoralise you. On earth of the keys to successful poker is enjoying it!

One of the key aspects to building a bankroll in poker is learning all about bankroll management. There are loads of articles on this both here at CardsChat and in literature from the greats, such as Helmuth, Harrington etc. I can't emphasise how important this is. Learn it and give yourself an even better chance of not losing it all.

Give serious thought about your deposit. This will change how you think about poker so that lessons in bankroll management become even more important as you are playing with you own money!

Additionally, a great way to develop poker skills is to build up enough quality posts over a period of time and apply to become part of the CardsChat Freeroll Club. Here's the link that will tell you all about it.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-freerolls-31/cardschat-freeroll-club-requirements-287399/

It will help develop your MTT game at no cost to yourself, other than making great quality posts in the forums here at CardsChat.

Best wishes

Bentley Boy

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that you need to adhere to bankroll management. Read about it.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that you need to continue playing sit & go games, they are much better than cash ones! Good luck!

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls, Freerolls and Freerolls again befor you reach your stack to 100$ at least. Just then you can calmly play at the cash games, even so on the microlimits 0.01-0.02$.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the cache, do not try to lose everything, but in the CIS it's the microliths that you plug in! Do not try to increase dramatically-you surely put everything in the heat of excitement-tested! The result is very good-congratulations!

S

senzassi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll management

take a look in the bankroll management, you will find your answer soon ;);)

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with ^^ Lerts. Your bankroll is too small for cash games. It's also too soon for 0.25 because you will find many grinders even at those limits. Single table sng for now and play s o l i d.No need for marginal opens , calls or bluffs! gl

Basicly I agree with this opinion. When u are so short stack than don't do bad decisions. It is possible to make your BR up trust me ..I made from 0.5 to 11$ in 3 hours.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management