2nd day tournament - low stack

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I went through the first day of a two-day tournament. After finishing day one, my stack is 500k (average 730k). There are a lot of places in this tournament paid (480 out of 540 players and no more will come).
My question is how do you think i should start playing in my situation? Wait until I'm in itm and then aggressively or start harder right away?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice: survive until the ITM, be patient and attentive so as not to miss any opportunity to double your stack. Then, be very aggressive when taking action. Then tell us if it worked. GL

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient aggressive. meaning don't call, either fold (which is what you must mainly do) fold fold fold and when you get good premium hands bet enough to go heads up preflop vs 1 player only. If you have to go all in depending on position then you will have to go all in to steal all blinds or have your premium hand go 1 vs 1 vs someone else all in preflop. those are your best chances to doubling up. then keep being patient and only playing premium and position hands with heavy bets. but don't dry your stack by just calling.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adjust to your table. Play aggressively and steal blinds a lot if you can get away with it. But if it's a very loose table, then hunker down and wait to get paid off when you have a hand.

Generally you want to avoid blinding down until ITM because so much of the money is in the top spots.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I went through the first day of a two-day tournament. After finishing day one, my stack is 500k (average 730k). There are a lot of places in this tournament paid (480 out of 540 players and no more will come).
My question is how do you think i should start playing in my situation? Wait until I'm in itm and then aggressively or start harder right away?

Good afternoon!
If getting into the prize zone will have a big impact on your bankroll, I would suggest that you play more carefully before entering the prize zone and then start breaking the tables :D:D:D If you are counting on only 1 place, then from the very beginning go to your victory !!! :cool:

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play aggressive against tight players and vice versa tight against loose ones and then you will succeed)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion is to play with short stacks - press with a stack on them, with a big stack the main thing is not to bluff and play more nitty to the prizes - although many write that playing loosely is more profitable, but to fly out on the second day without prizes - the variance is swing

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good afternoon!
If getting into the prize zone will have a big impact on your bankroll, I would suggest that you play more carefully before entering the prize zone and then start breaking the tables :D:D:D
If you are counting on only 1 place, then from the very beginning go to your victory !!!:cool::cool::cool: