10k Guaranteed Strategy

B

bmurphy4905

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have been asking my friends lately and not getting many solid answers there's a 10k gt for 12 plus 2 buy in and I'm wanting to figure out the best strat for a tourney with around 180 players and 1500 starting chips. Also what would be a good number of rebuys if you just not hitting without or what have you. Mainly time slash money strat compared to winning if that makes sense thanks for any responses

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with 1500 starting chips, youll be in a very tight table(s). That said, you should be calling low connectors in late position or 3betting low cards in late position. Waiting around for cards is not really profitable, plus, you don't want everyone folding every time you raise, right? It sounds easy but you also need a good flop lol so stay patient and someone will pay you out. Don't be scared to fold. Write notes.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well depends very much how the level structure are (how long and how steep).... and if it Live or Online.

That said and if it is a Online tour the rake seems high rake should be around 1 - 1.2$ not 2$ but if there is a overlay you can off couse pay more in rake ;)

rebuys well if it's live I would take all rebuys if it's online I would Take rebuys to around 15 BB buy in depending on the tables.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always at the beginning of the tournament that played agressivno.potomu more profitable to continue with about an average stack. if it is a turbo tournament is all the more opponents will push by raises and happen fast flight. then he is sitting with an average stack, limp and not risking too much. This went on until the prize payments. then again included aggression, as 90% of the players selected to play tight.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the truth does not always work. but very often ranked in the top 3 this regard turbo tournaments for 180 people. also I played some tournaments with many participants 10k +