100k guaranteed strategy

N

Nickpeppers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I satellited into a 100k guaranteed nl HOLDEM 100+9 buyin tourney. I'm average skill level but I have 0 experience in large tournements. I just noticed that there are re-buys and an add-on which I'm not thrilled about. I don't wanna spend more than I have to. I'm considering buying in at the end of registration then buying the add on which is rigjt st the end of registration. I don't think I can get away with not getting the addon I'd pretty much start with 9000 chips and blinds will be 75/150. What you think? Good shape?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
If I happen to satellite into a big buyin tourney I roll with just the stacking right through no re-buy no add on. If I happen to run it up and cash the min cash will be significantly greater than a normal tournament and have a great roi.

Normal rebuy tournament I always play with intention of using 5X buyin (2 max buyin and addon). I always try to play with max chips I do not want to miss out the chance at a full double up if I happen to cooler someone.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I satellited into a 100k guaranteed nl HOLDEM 100+9 buyin tourney. I'm average skill level but I have 0 experience in large tournements. I just noticed that there are re-buys and an add-on which I'm not thrilled about. I don't wanna spend more than I have to. I'm considering buying in at the end of registration then buying the add on which is rigjt st the end of registration. I don't think I can get away with not getting the addon I'd pretty much start with 9000 chips and blinds will be 75/150. What you think? Good shape?

Ok, what's the staring stack and addon chip size?
I'm asking because there are tournaments out there where addon is a MUST and in other hand tournamnets where addon is 2x of starting stack where you could reconsider if you gonna pay that or not...

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Search for some videos at Poker School Online or some live play or hand history review from a pro on this tornaments, just google it

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to look to some online guide about hand ranges according the positions..Play tight at the beginning and if you have right stack try to play agressive against lower stacks. You'll always need some luck but experience also

N

Nickpeppers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, what's the staring stack and addon chip size?
I'm asking because there are tournaments out there where addon is a MUST and in other hand tournamnets where addon is 2x of starting stack where you could reconsider if you gonna pay that or not...

The starting stack is 3000 and the re-buy is 6000.

A

Amatsu_H

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much $ is for the rebuy and addon? do you have the bankroll to support them? if not, then just go with normal starting stack.

If you do BR management and save up on the side for these types of events, than look at the blind structure to see if the add on will be a must to play calm.

Good luck though! :)

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that case, what i would do is playing from the very start. You can take adventage over loose players because there's a tons of fish in tournaments like this. Than you can reconsider addon option.
In other types of tournaments, wihtout addon personally i do prefer late reg, in fact last seconds od late reg to
jump in :)
Good luck and share result with us, Cheers!

kbaker420

kbaker420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree once i get a free ticket i usually play pretty tight because of the buy in relative to the stake i usually play