$ 1000 per month

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
Please tell me, is it realistic to earn $ 1000 per month for poker stars? And does anyone get it like that? Can someone tell me which tournaments to play at?):)

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
Please tell me, is it realistic to earn $ 1000 per month for poker stars? And does anyone get it like that? Can someone tell me which tournaments to play at?):)

Hi there, can you be a bit more specific, please? What I mean is, it's VERY possible to earn $1000 per month if, for example you can afford to play $2000 buy-in heads-up sitngos! But it's going to be far less easy to earn $1000 if your starting bankroll is only $10! So, please give a few more details and then I/other peeps on here can give you more accurate advice/opinions. :)

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there, can you be a bit more specific, please? What I mean is, it's VERY possible to earn $1000 per month if, for example you can afford to play $2000 buy-in heads-up sitngos! But it's going to be far less easy to earn $1000 if your starting bankroll is only $10! So, please give a few more details and then I/other peeps on here can give you more accurate advice/opinions. :)

I'm sorry for the formulas, yes is it possible to earn from $ 10 a month if you play 8-10 hours a day?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not a good idea to set a specific win per month target, if you are just starting out. You should focus instead on improving your game and practicing, and then time will tell, if you are even a winning player, and if so how high stakes you are able to beat. I recommend starting with the 45-180 man SnGs and test yourself there. They run very often, and its easy to reach a final table, especially in the 45 man.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not a good idea to set a specific win per month target, if you are just starting out. You should focus instead on improving your game and practicing, and then time will tell, if you are even a winning player, and if so how high stakes you are able to beat. I recommend starting with the 45-180 man SnGs and test yourself there. They run very often, and its easy to reach a final table, especially in the 45 man.

Excellent advice from fundiver above and I agree with him that the 5-table sit'n'gos (I.E. 45 players) are a great starting place, pokerstars runs them with buy-ins as small as $0.25. If I remember correctly, the 45 player SnGs also have the highest ratio (on pokerstars) of in-the-money places VS number of starting players, which could imply that they're the easiest multi-table SnG for getting past the bubble, too. Best of luck!

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, something worth adding is that, if you're seeing poker purely as a money-making exercise (rather than a fun pastime where earning any money would be a nice bonus) you need to be very disciplined with your BRM (bankroll management). A rough guideline is that professionals typically shouldn't gamble more than 1% of their total bankroll in any one tournament/shouldn't buy in for more than 1% of their bankroll to any cash game. However, a recreational player who CAN afford to lose their whole bankroll, would be ok to buy in for up to 10% of their bankroll. I'd say that for you, with only $10 per month that you're happy to risk, you should play the $0.50 buy-in, 5-table SnGs. That way you'll be gambling 5% of your starting bankroll in each SnG so, as long as you've got a solid poker game, you should build up your bankroll at a reasonable speed without taking the risk of losing your entire month's poker budget on the first day. Good luck!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on your banckroll and the amount of buy-in you can play over the long term. the higher you go, the higher your gains will be when you perform well. personally I am still far from being able to earn 1000$ per month.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Earning 1000 $ from 10 $ ?? It could be done. Every month - I would say 1 in a Million player could do that every single month of the year. It is possible to earn 1000$ every month with a starting bankroll of 30% lets say 300$ in your pocket. Play very low tour with not so much players and the chances for the ITM are closer. Hitting that amount of money with so little can be very frustrating you will be on that chair for hours a day and if you have a job creating 1K from 10$ ...I don't know man I want to believe in fairytale, but I rather stay in reality.

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is no specific price per month in poker
within a month if you're lucky
you can make a million
if you are not lucky you can lose everything
this is a risk
who does not risk the champagne does not drink

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you need exactly 1k?
Just try to make the most out of what you got and youll be fine

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it's possible !!! playing studying, having fun, getting good results, participating in promotions and analyzing plays in schools and forums, can yes !!!! total success !! gloria life !! beautiful !!!!!!!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must have a good bonkrol to earn this amount per month.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just want to add, that if you are looking for a way to earn 1.000$ per month to pay your rent and other daily expenses, then poker is almost certainly not it, and especially not without any prior experience. Instead you need to find a job or start a business.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting with 10$, Good Luck !
I'd say 1000$ a year is more realistic with that bankroll.
If you can 100X your bankroll per month you would be worth 10 Trillion $ after 7 months . LOL

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
earning $ 1000 with $ 10 a month is quite complicated and unrealistic because to earn an amount of money whatever it is you must first build a bankroll and $ 10 is not ideal to start my advice is that if you have $ 10 in your bankroll you play free until you reach at least $ 60 or $ 40 and there you will start playing at micro levels, with your knowledge and some luck you should build your bankroll and progressively level up in MTT, STT or cash tables, once you establish your bankroll can you decide when and how much to get per month if your bankroll allows it, in some occasions you will not be able to withdraw anything and maybe play again in micro level

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, original poster said anywhere, that his starting bankroll is only 10$. That would indeed be very silly, if your goal is to make some real money in poker.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah, well, I’ll do it, thanks for the advice, for the dollar, I feel the games where 180, the games go on for a long time) Even before the prize money I’ve never seen how I played on the dollar (

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent advice from fundiver above and I agree with him that the 5-table sit'n'gos (I.E. 45 players) are a great starting place, pokerstars runs them with buy-ins as small as $0.25. If I remember correctly, the 45 player SnGs also have the highest ratio (on pokerstars) of in-the-money places VS number of starting players, which could imply that they're the easiest multi-table SnG for getting past the bubble, too. Best of luck!

Thanks, I’ll take it to mind!)

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, something worth adding is that, if you're seeing poker purely as a money-making exercise (rather than a fun pastime where earning any money would be a nice bonus) you need to be very disciplined with your BRM (bankroll management). A rough guideline is that professionals typically shouldn't gamble more than 1% of their total bankroll in any one tournament/shouldn't buy in for more than 1% of their bankroll to any cash game. However, a recreational player who CAN afford to lose their whole bankroll, would be ok to buy in for up to 10% of their bankroll. I'd say that for you, with only $10 per month that you're happy to risk, you should play the $0.50 buy-in, 5-table SnGs. That way you'll be gambling 5% of your starting bankroll in each SnG so, as long as you've got a solid poker game, you should build up your bankroll at a reasonable speed without taking the risk of losing your entire month's poker budget on the first day. Good luck!

Ohhhhhh ... It’s so hard to keep my bank roll, when I raise money quickly, I can’t stop for some reason, I'm trying to increase my bank roll faster ( And I can’t keep it for some reason :( Thank you and good luck!:)

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just want to add, that if you are looking for a way to earn 1.000$ per month to pay your rent and other daily expenses, then poker is almost certainly not it, and especially not without any prior experience. Instead you need to find a job or start a business.
Thanks for the advice))) Take note)))

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting with 10$, Good Luck !
I'd say 1000$ a year is more realistic with that bankroll.
If you can 100X your bankroll per month you would be worth 10 Trillion $ after 7 months . LOL

Funny thread. Anyone check my math ? That would be something.

This guy could become the richest man on the planet by end of July.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have to think this through, if my goal was to earn 1k a month.

First off how many days do you want to play. Most people work 20 days a month, 8 hours a day.
If you only plan on playing on the weekend, is that Saturday and sunday or just sunday? So weekend warriors would be trying to earn $1k in 4 or 8 days a month.

Divide $1k over 4 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $250 a day.
Divide $1k over 8 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $125 a day.
Divide $1k over 20 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $50 a day.

Divide how much you need to win a day by the number of hours you are willing to gamble gives you an hourly win rate you need to earn to hit your goal.

If I remember correctly, I think a decent player wins 5BB an hour, so dividing your needed hourly win rate by 5, would be the big blind table you would need to sit at.
So if I wanted to win $50 an hour and a good player wins 5bb an hour, I would be needing to sit at a $5/$10 table and to sit at that type of table probably requires $100 or $200.

You would probably want to have 10 to 20 buyins available for variance, so a bankroll of 1k to 4k would be helpful to start your journey

Last edited:
Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to think this through, if my goal was to earn 1k a month.

First off how many days do you want to play. Most people work 20 days a month, 8 hours a day.
If you only plan on playing on the weekend, is that Saturday and sunday or just sunday? So weekend warriors would be trying to earn $1k in 4 or 8 days a month.

Divide $1k over 4 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $250 a day.
Divide $1k over 8 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $125 a day.
Divide $1k over 20 days of playing a month, would mean u need to earn $50 a day.

Divide how much you need to win a day by the number of hours you are willing to gamble gives you an hourly win rate you need to earn to hit your goal.

If I remember correctly, I think a decent player wins 5BB an hour, so dividing your needed hourly win rate by 5, would be the big blind table you would need to sit at.
So if I wanted to win $50 an hour and a good player wins 5bb an hour, I would be needing to sit at a $5/$10 table and to sit at that type of table probably requires $100 or $200.

You would probably want to have 10 to 20 buyins available for variance, so a bankroll of 1k to 4k would be helpful to start your journey

Hugo) Here is the math) Take note, it will be hard) But you have to try!) At the moment I can play 5 days in a row for 8-10 hours

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
not everything is so simple, you need to have a lot of experience

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, yes, it is very possible, but you need to play every day and develop yourself and maybe in few months/years you'll be able to do that.