Hero stack 8100.
Villian stack 8500.
6 handed.
Hero on Sb Villian On BB.
Action folded to hero on SB with A5s.
Hero raises to 600.
Villian Calls!
Flop comes 229r.
Hero checks villian bets 650 into pot of around 1450.
Hero check raises 4x to 2550.
Villian Calls.
Turn Q(Nofd)!
Hero shoves remaining 5k Villian Calls.
Villian shows 10Qo!
River brick!
What do you think?

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played this poorly post flop. Pre is standard open range for SB vs BB and the check raise on the flop is an ok move but after he calls that I feel that you lose most of the fold equity in the hand, especially OOP. Which then goes into the turn and where the hands falls about imo. I don't see why you shove here to start action rather than check and wait to see what villain does. You still have nothing decent so this can't really be called a semi-bluff unless you hit and A on the river so this is a total bluff into the v who called your previous check-raise which indicates he obviously has something he wants to play. If the turn was a low card than I think you might be able to get away with this but with a face card on a dry board the shove bluff is a very poor play. Here I like checking and waiting to see what villain does, you lose none of your perceived hand strength with that play because its the same thing you did on the flop, with the intention of folding to a decent move by v if he makes one.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played this poorly post flop. Pre is standard open range for SB vs BB and the check raise on the flop is an ok move but after he calls that I feel that you lose most of the fold equity in the hand, especially OOP. Which then goes into the turn and where the hands falls about imo. I don't see why you shove here to start action rather than check and wait to see what villain does. You still have nothing decent so this can't really be called a semi-bluff unless you hit and A on the river so this is a total bluff into the v who called your previous check-raise which indicates he obviously has something he wants to play. If the turn was a low card than I think you might be able to get away with this but with a face card on a dry board the shove bluff is a very poor play. Here I like checking and waiting to see what villain does, you lose none of your perceived hand strength with that play because its the same thing you did on the flop, with the intention of folding to a decent move by v if he makes one.
What Do you think about Limp and OOP Bet on Flop and fold if they raise?

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What Do you think about Limp and OOP Bet on Flop and fold if they raise?

Yeah, that would be another line I'd think about depending on his stats. The biggest thing here is that you're OOP with a fairly weak hand until it hits something so you don't want to risk to many chips incase v has something. Rather than limp I'd take a standard cbet on the flop, fold to a re-rasie, if he calls back I'm really looking at his turn stats and then most likely checking the turn unless I have a draw or the A hits.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise pre is good.

You should cbet this dry flop.

Once you check, i dont mind your check raise, can call also, but id prefer a much smaller sizing like 1800.

Once they call, they will call your turn jam pretty often, thus I would chk the turn.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
horrible this A5 with this flop.When you hit Q on the turn and the villain buys is fold