1-5 $ mtt strategy

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like playing mtt but my budget isnt that high is i play with 1$ to 5$
i need a successful strategy not to win the tournament but to be in the money most of the time like 80% success rate

any mtt addicts here that can help me

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep calm be passionate, analyze your opponents, watch the bet sizing limits of opponents, and betting patterns, look for your position standing, dont go without premium hand on UTG or without position, try to steal blinds against tight opponents, also need to play aggresive when you got monster, try to avoid in bets vs strong opponents.
Discipline your strategy and mood, mentally dont be broken after loosing the most of your stack, be ambitious and have strong stimulus to get the final table, adding notes on your opponents, write about who they are how they are going to play, weak opponents most time showing they are hands at river, try to write them down, watch who is playing with premium hands who are not based on that decisions you can take the right decision against that opponent.
Try to fold most time, when there are 3 bet, 4 bet , cold calls, try to escape that kind of games, most of the time you will get trapped. Manage the table playing against weak opponents, watchout the RAISE bets, usually they go raise with monster, try to analyze who they are how they are betting and you will increase your win rate. GOOD LUCK

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U need to figure out what game u have the best roi in and stick with that for awhile get a sample of what. U need to work on , hard to pick a strategy when. U don't know your strengths and weaknesses

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first response you received on your topic is great guidelines on how to deal with mtts.

I can add that I prefer to play mtts of higher limits, by the level of the game.
Even considering your minor BR, it would indicate trying satellites that qualify 20% for tournaments of big 5.50 or 11 for example. (I do not indicate bountys because the knockout makes the game go crazy)

I do not know if my thinking reflects what the more experienced think is the ideal.

T

TheSurgeon22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i need a successful strategy not to win the tournament but to be in the money most of the time like 80% success rate

Has anyone that has played these limits and the higher limits noticed if the higher stakes tables plays as loose as the lower limits. I personally have only played the lower limit games.

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normally i play little tight and agressive on tighter players which make me on average stack or little less , but when i get near to be on the money and blinds are pressuring me i do stupid moves
i just wanna see how pros handle this kind of situations or if there is a basic strategy to be in the money

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start playing sit & go's of 9. They are an excellent training simulator for MTT late stages. You will learn when to go all-in and when to fold. I prefer KO because people kick each other out faster, and they are more likely to pay my all-in when shoving.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think that you received excellent advice in the other response. One other thought that I had was try to take the initiative. if you have position and a playable hand be the first to raise. This is much better than being the caller until you get more comfortable. Being first raiser you have opportunity to control the action to a degree. And most of all have fun and enjoy yourself. Good luck

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the most useful strategy information. There is no 100% strategy to win, but the knowledge strengthen you

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight in ep. Loosing up near the button.

Look for weak spots, calling stations, players playing close 50% of their hands... try to maximize your value vs these players, even if it's a marginal spot - more than likely not marginal

80% is probably too high of a goal... setting yourself up for a let down... and you really want to play mtts to win / be in top 3....