Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There's no logic regardless of the limit the guy pays just because he holds an As in his hand!

PokerStars, $0.09 + $0.01 - Hold'em No Limit - 40/80 - 9 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

roman8099 (UTG): 2,838 (35 bb)
CGGSG (UTG+1): 1,680 (21 bb)
guruffolo (MP): 1,047 (13 bb)
jusmine (MP+1): 7,318 (91 bb)
Tox Manila (LP): 1,443 (18 bb)
tolya 30 (CO): 2,054 (26 bb)
alaercio (BU): 1,705 (21 bb)
KROYLI49 (SB): 1,380 (17 bb)
PIRAT5555 (BB): 1,370 (17 bb)

Pre-Flop: (120) Hero (alaercio) is BTN with 9 Q
roman8099 (UTG) raises to 240, 2 players fold, jusmine (MP+1) calls 240, 2 players fold, alaercio (BU) calls 240, 2 players fold

Flop: (840) 4 4 Q (3 players)
roman8099 (UTG) bets 240, jusmine (MP+1) calls 240, alaercio (BU) raises to 1,465 (all-in), roman8099 (UTG) calls 1,225, jusmine (MP+1) folds

Turn: (4,010) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (4,010) T (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 4,010

Showdown:
alaercio (BU) shows 9 Q (two pair, Queens and Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 38%, Flop: 86%, Turn: 84%, River: 0%)

roman8099 (UTG) shows J A (a straight, Ten to Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 62%, Flop: 14%, Turn: 16%, River: 100%)

roman8099 (UTG) wins 4,010

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no idea, what that guy was doing postflop with AJ, but your own play was also pretty loose preflop. Q9 offsuit is not exactly a premium holdning and should just be folded, when someone else already entered the pot in front of you. This time you got the chips in good and got sucked out on, but a lot of the time you will get it in really bad against an overpair or a Q with a better kicker.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes!

I have no idea, what that guy was doing postflop with AJ, but your own play was also pretty loose preflop. Q9 offsuit is not exactly a premium holdning and should just be folded, when someone else already entered the pot in front of you. This time you got the chips in good and got sucked out on, but a lot of the time you will get it in really bad against an overpair or a Q with a better kicker.

I knew he could pay with a better Q like Q 10 QJ QK or QA but I never imagined AJ without having anything. I could have QA what game would he play with JA ?!

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no logic regardless of the limit the guy pays just because he holds an Q9o in his hand!

fold preflop ;)

danix

danix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Things that happen too much in the lower bounds are players falling in love with Ax and not fold go until they see River.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why poker is poker !! ....:hahaha:

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you are in position but you should still fold Q9 off suit there. Theres a difference between opening the action late position and calling with it. With an early raise and caller you are dominated 80% of the time and have horrible equity to win the hand.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well regardless of his bad call, I don't like your Action preflop and postflop either.

pre you should fold Q9o; you are behind an UTG range and their is a Cold call behind UTG; also your stack is too small to call with those hands.

If you have Q9s and 30+bb you could call here in Position

after the cbet and the call you should ask yourself what they could hold. the flop is really dry and their are no straight or flushdraws.
a lot of PP (55-JJ) could call here, but also QQ+, AQ, KQ, QJ; also A4s.
so your shove for almost 20bb was totally out of line because if someone calls, your are most likely behind.

even though you got it in as a big favourite (86:14), fold those unsuited Hands preflop next time

edit: I played a few of those 0.10$ 360man sngs and I don't like them at all. the 45/90 man regular Speed for 0.25 are a lot better to play

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
edit: I played a few of those 0.10$ 360man sngs and I don't like them at all. the 45/90 man regular Speed for 0.25 are a lot better to play

I played some also, because I got tickets for them, and I agree. Its not something, I would ever play for my own money. Its a turbo structure, so it quickly become a push-or-fold fest, and you need to outlast 359 players to take down a price of just 5 dollars.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about what he was thinking when he call this, and also I don't know what you are thinking abut, when You call him preflop with that trash hand.
We should not talk about his call, we should think why You are playing this and what plan You had there?

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would've folded preflop. Going against an utg open it's likely the utg player has a good holding so why would you call with Q9o? at least 3-bet if your gonna tangle with utg's.
Maybe a 3-bet would've given him something to think about and you can fold if he 4-bets you

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold PreFlop.
3x UTG raise, with Cold Call and Q9o is just under a break-even call, even if BB calls.
Fold, let the big stack and/or BB take a possible hit.
Save your chips for a far better hand/spot.

Last edited:
finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no logic regardless of the limit the guy pays just because he holds an As in his hand!

roman8099 (UTG) wins 4,010

Really? Q9os? Calling a preflop bet with it???? IN SUCH A SNG like 990 or 360? Players are 20 times more loose and aggresive there than players in CC freerolls.

It looks like one genius found another genius, and the first one with decent pre-flop hand has punished the second one who played the trash hand.

It's the same stupid logic behind his actions, like calling 3bb bet preflop with 21bb stack holding Q9os. 15% of stack for Q9os in a microlimit game where people never fold = Kamikaze style. With your logic, and with such questions asked I can only say that you have better chances to win something in that tourney by just registering and closing the window. Auto-fold will help you climbing up the ladder:D:D:D

Try playing ONLY hands you can shove pre-flop until it's bubble time in such tourney. There is no need to go all-in pre-flop each time when you're dealt pocket pair or top cards, but it's good if you're betting\calling\3betting pre-flop ONLy with hands you can go all-in with, doesn't matter what flop-river is. By my opinion, Q9 can be played in such tourneys and in freerolls, if it's bubble time, and you're having x3 times bigger stack than any of remaining opponents, and if they're tight/passive players... and as for the early stages of such games - it's better to always fold such garbage hands to any pre-flop bets.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like these sngs/tournaments , very low micro buy ins , also stars gives free tickets for these , but this is an extra reson to be more carefull , cause too many are willingfull to risk everything for no reason . I like that when I have a good hand it's very probable they will pay me with their all-the-time shoves , but on the other hand these hands like yours...................

I also had such hands like yours , very sad and unfortunate , especially on the FT when it happens . Crazy man .
I remember on the FT , 5-handed , I was on the BB , him on the BU , called with a decent hand , 2 paired on the flop , check raised all in ,although it was dry board , cause it was the final table , both deep stacks , didn't want to risk anything with donk players , after some thought he called with a cr**** hand and turn gives him a turn draw and nut straight on the river .

These hands really kill your game on the long run , I firmly believe , regardless how bad you are . You have no hope to break even or better , if you face such poker bad asses thet destroy your game . Your only option is to fight back , destroy their game the same way and worse with every way/mean at your disposal :mad::devil:

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I get that you're pissed that you got sucked out on, you're right; he got very lucky to hit runner runner, but here's the thing:

Q9o is a crap hand! You are facing an UTG raise and a flat call in front of you. Why would you call this? This is not a profitable play in the long run.

Often difficult post flop spots or "unlucky" run outs are the result of poor pre-flop play. Fold pre-flop and you still have 21BB, instead you have nothing.