Youtube Videos

Squanchy

Squanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys!

I've been watching a series of pokerstars videos and also some by Daniel Negreanu. I recently discovered DougPolk's channel although I have not reviewed its content very much, is it good to learn?
Which YouTube channels do you recommend to learn more about this great game?
(I'm also reading a book that other user recommend me)

Greetings.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think any form of learning, especially from great players is a good place to start. The only problem with YouTube is you need to stick with the pros. One chump video could turn your game down a rockslide and do more to hurt than help.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat has a world of information related to poker. Have you thoroughly explored the forum? I'm always doing a reading of articles and interesting topics. The Dougpolk ´ S is an excellent player and expresses himself very well, no doubt we will learn a lot from him. On YouTube I watch videos of Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, among others.

Zasto

Zasto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omg peple, stop thinking that Negreanu is the best poker player.( in live poker he is good) but online He is not even in top 100 players. If you want to play online, learn from online players. There is tooooooo much good videos on net. Doug Polk aka wcgRider is best heads up player. His Upswing poker lab is doing great job. Just check fb pages or free videos on youtube.

Squanchy

Squanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys, I will check your recommendations :)

AlexPedsPaps

AlexPedsPaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doug Polk is awesome to watch. Funny, digestible content with some really deep analysis :)

However you can’t just learn through these vids. Although they’re funny and he does go over some good fundamentals, the more knowledge you can gain from other areas the better you will become, so don’t just limit yourself to vids even though they can be a great tool

Thecontinuer

Thecontinuer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two levels of learning through Youtube. One is simply so I'm not listening to a random nonsense, and the other is for when I'm really trying to go deep.

The first is anything poker related. So I may stick a final table on in the background, or a vlog from a pro. It's passive but at least it's poker, and occasionally I'll hear "in this spot it's often the case that xxx".

The second is mostly hand history breakdowns. Gripsed Poker Training on youtube have a lot of final table hand histories, and a couple where every hand is reviewed for the Sunday Million on pokerstars with the winner. That kind of thing again, doesn't always have buckets of usable info, but often has interesting tid bits I can add to my game.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YouTube channels for poker is the best thing for learning because there are all the details about which no book will tell !!

Squanchy

Squanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doug Polk is awesome to watch. Funny, digestible content with some really deep analysis :)

However you can’t just learn through these vids. Although they’re funny and he does go over some good fundamentals, the more knowledge you can gain from other areas the better you will become, so don’t just limit yourself to vids even though they can be a great tool

Yeah I know, I think I already clarified that I'm also reading and practicing a lot :)

AlexPedsPaps

AlexPedsPaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I know, I think I already clarified that I'm also reading and practicing a lot :)

Sorry my bad for not reading properly, in that case you’re on the right track man well done keep it up :)

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Great material! There is something to learn, very well!

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Andrew neeme has a great u-toobe channel -he has some great insight,good player as well

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg yes

have watched them for years

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Our very own Poker Pro here at Cardschat has some great Youtube video`s,,,,his name is Ryan Laplante. Check them out!! :ciao:

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On YouTube, too much teaching material on poker. To choose any one is difficult. In addition, most teach the same strategies. Also do not forget that you need to learn poker every day.