Your worst poker tournament

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I play poker and I'm still a beginner. I would like to ask you how your worst tournament game went.

- What mistakes did you make?:(
- What should you do to avoid mistakes?:confused:
- Did you have the first and last mistakes in the tournament?:eek:
- Are you making mistakes in the tournament now, or are you already an experienced player and not making mistakes?:cool:

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think everyone makes mistakes, even pros. whether that be mis-reads, bet-size mistakes etc.
an important part of the game is to pick-up on these mistakes and profit from it. sometimes you dont necessarily have to make a mistake to get knocked out of a tournament. in a tournament i was in a few months ago I got knocked out first hand. I got pocket AA, i raised UTG i was re-raised, i three bet him and he put me allin with pocket 10s. he got another 10 on the river and that was it :) thats just part of the game. main thing is you dont make playing mistakes.

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I play poker and I'm still a beginner. I would like to ask you how your worst tournament game went.

I assumed my AA would win.

Don't assume your AA will win.

I find my first mistake is often also my last mistake in many tourneys

- Are you making mistakes in the tournament now, or are you already an experienced player and not making mistakes?:cool:
Yes, I'm still foolish enough to try that AA hand all in.

:) ;)

Detr1st

Detr1st

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone makes mistakes...

1) I was not sure of the reliability of my hand and called all the opponents, also bluffing with a weak hand I could do anything, and the opponent called me from the best, and I lost.
2) I try to play tight and play with reliable hands, without raising or all-in, at least until the flop
3) I cannot answer this question
4) Of course, I make mistakes, everyone makes them, even pros, but I try to play with cold logic, and not with hot intuition

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm past a lot of bad poker tournaments. Reading your question, the first tournament that came to mind:
I won a $ 100 tournament ticket at party poker and entered a big tournament. I got AA very soon, i player go All-in, i call, and i lose :hmmmm2:

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My worst tournament wasn't about mistakes it involved bad beat I had pocket AA flop came AA 10 turn J River a rag card (A 10 J) suited thinking I had the win I check in hope for a bet and boom the guy went all-in. The guy had KQ you can guess what happened he had the same suit Royal Flush

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my worst tournament was .. in a freeroll tournament. when there were two aces, I went all in with a good bank roll. but alas, on the first try, I lost. someone was more fortunate to see his day and his tournament