Your poker styles.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play poker. The question is, in what style you feel better. Which style is preferable for you, loose or tight? :pcguru:

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mostly depends from table and format I play. As I play nowadays micro cash games and tourneys I'm more on tight side. I would feel better on loose side if players on my table would understand poker but most of them don't know that they have fold button.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play a tight and closed game because that way we decrease the variance and our chances of winning increase. In the case of playing with many fishes sometimes more open game because we can take advantage of their way of playing to have higher profits. regards

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
depends on the mood and game ^^ sometimes i play very tight , sometimes i play very loose and make small bluffs just to get caught and build an image on a table , before using it to my advantage later when i get the good cards and get them on tilt XD

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play poker. The question is, in what style you feel better. Which style is preferable for you, loose or tight? :pcguru:
i think the best poker style is too adapt a little at the table u play

David Dearlove

David Dearlove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My style moves with the table and villains and levels move up though the gears and back down when needed,

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stylez

tight/aggressive early/mid. Loosen up as you get close to the money. 30 BB+ loosen up a little, 25-15 tight.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mostly depends from table and format I play. As I play nowadays micro cash games and tourneys I'm more on tight side. I would feel better on loose side if players on my table would understand poker but most of them don't know that they have fold button.

LOL, yes, this is a real problem when you play a freeroll or any table with no big limits. Therefore, a simple steady style called "The Rock" will be the right decision. But sometimes, when they consider you a "cowardly nit," you can start playing more widely, because no one expects to see you with weak cards. :D

I

Ildar Nagim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Andrew Popov :D
The big difference is to play for money and play for air.
You understand this every time your bankroll becomes zero.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Andrew Popov :D
The big difference is to play for money and play for air.
You understand this every time your bankroll becomes zero.

I almost agree with you, but many players just do not understand the difference - between freerolls and cheap tournaments. Although, I also doubt that it is. A bankroll that regularly turns into Zero is a problem for about 90% of poker players.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thinking when I start a tournament and play as tight as possible, the more time goes by and the blinds are swollen and the stacks are falling and the pair of A does not come, so I start to act, I start playing with TJs, KJo, that type of card is not legal for those who play tight, but we have to act with the intention to hit the flop, but we do not hit anything most of the time, against an opponent I bet with the intention of making him fold, more in the great majority of Sometimes the opponent resists the bet, then I disappoint myself, I end up losing most of the time. It's hard to explain what this style of play is, I just know it's a long-term loser.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good thing I'm at 10. % :) but it seems to me that a greater percentage than you wrote . in my opinion this is about 95-97 %
I almost agree with you, but many players just do not understand the difference - between freerolls and cheap tournaments. Although, I also doubt that it is. A bankroll that regularly turns into Zero is a problem for about 90% of poker players.

I

Ildar Nagim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Andrew Popov

These 90% are ludomans, but they feed 10% of the players.
Bolivar will not take two away.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In standard tournaments and cash games I try to stick to a tight-aggressive style. In turbo and hyper-turbo tournaments, I prefer the loose-aggressive strategy.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I like tight-aggressive approach (generally rewarded with a profit). I adjust my style to the players at the table and the conditions of the game. A good solid strategy of tight and aggressive play is generally the most used.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to mix. it makes sence because your hands will not be so easy to identify, and when opponent think that you are bluffing, take all the chips :)

D

DarkAtom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My mood style

I prefer to choose the style of play in the mood, not forgetting the basics. Of course, if you choose an aggressive, and try to stick to it, but it happens not often, and so of course play more deliberately without succumbing to emotions.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lunatic LAG a lot of re-steals.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, it depends on many factors like: the format of the tournament, the stage of the tournament, the number of chips and so on. But if you consider this in general, I chose the tight style.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good thing I'm at 10. % :) but it seems to me that a greater percentage than you wrote . in my opinion this is about 95-97 %

Probably a few more percent play zero (i.e., they don't have big wins or losses over a distance). Perhaps these players even more than 10%.

Those. 5-7% consistently play plus (big or small, but plus.
8-12% play around zero. Sometimes they win a little, but then they lose again.
The remaining 80-85% play in the minus, simply because they do not know how to play. Sometimes some of these players get lucky to get a huge jackpot in their backs (with very large odds, even the players who finished last third get money, lol).

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These 90% are ludomans, but they feed 10% of the players.
Bolivar will not take two away.

Bolivar carries one of the ten, and then sometimes throws out of the saddle. :D