Are you sure all-in? Double click - click twice to confirm.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So was just playing a freeroll, and I accidentally called "all in" when I was just in a discussion, Call me clumsy, but I was still in the moment of the previous hand where I slow played a KKK22 full house full of slow checks and was having a discussion and saying "nice fold" to the river better competitor..anyways my mind was aloof, and I hit call on A8 next hand because I figured it would be a 5x BB tops bet preflop not an "all in".

My point? I think that there should be a double click for all in acceptance in "no limit online" games, not just because of clumsy people like me, but just because it makes sense, are you really shoving? It takes what...2 seconds to double click twice on an all in confrimation, there should be some kind of all in safety, sure I am an idiot, but I made a simple mistake..I am sure I am not the only one:)

I say this from a live game perspective...would I shove A8 live? No...so there is for sure errors that can happen that don't match judgement in online..I don't like to focus on superfluous things that can make or break the entire game and waste time. Yes, I am clumsy, but it was not a judgement call..it was an accident. I don't accidentally shove A8 "all in" live..lol

Last edited:
mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happened to me a few days ago. Was playing 3 other games at the time and had just won a pot in the CC freeroll I think it was ACR. Was just about to hit fold on another table when the CC game pops up in front with the mouse on call which was clicked before I noticed. I had 4 7 off and had called an all in. I hit the 7 and took out the player on this occasion. I expect the air was blue the other end.

I do remember a room in the past that had an "are you sure" popup, though that was probably only for all in and not calling an all in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While misclicks are annoying, for me it would be even more annoying having to click extra buttons just to confirm, that yes this is actually the action, I want to take. And just imagine how annoying it would be, if you lost your internet connection after pressing “all in” but before being able to confirm it, and then your top set was folded on the flop.

Also this one kind of happened, because you distracted yourself by chatting. Which I guess is fine in a friendly game like a CC freeroll. But if you play online poker more seriously, then you generally want to not chat or keep it at very short comments like “nice hand” or “thanks”. Otherwise you end up not focusing on the game, because your fingers are busy typing in the chat :)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While misclicks are annoying, for me it would be even more annoying having to click extra buttons just to confirm, that yes this is actually the action, I want to take. And just imagine how annoying it would be, if you lost your internet connection after pressing “all in” but before being able to confirm it, and then your top set was folded on the flop.

Also this one kind of happened, because you distracted yourself by chatting. Which I guess is fine in a friendly game like a CC freeroll. But if you play online poker more seriously, then you generally want to not chat or keep it at very short comments like “nice hand” or “thanks”. Otherwise you end up not focusing on the game, because your fingers are busy typing in the chat :)
I agree, one of the first things I am doing is disabling chat from now on lol :) Yeah double clicking can be annoying..just if it’s real money, it’s a toss up between being annoyed or accidentally risking whole stack IMO..maybe if sites just made the call button red or flashing or something if all in...just way too subtle to accidentally call all in, for me at least...

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The most annoying thing of the old Merge software was the default behavior of their all-in button. If you clicked the 3x button, it would set the bet size to 3xbb and you would then be able to adjust it before making the bet. If you clicked the pot button, it would set the bet size slider to the pot size, and you could adjust it before making the bet. But, if you clicked the all-in button, it would bet all-in without you having to also click the bet button. When multi-tabling, I got burned by that a bunch of times when a table would pop up right under my mouse.

But, I don't think you need a confirmation for calling an all-in.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So was just playing a freeroll, and I accidentally called "all in" when I was just in a discussion, Call me clumsy, but I was still in the moment of the previous hand where I slow played a KKK22 full house full of slow checks and was having a discussion and saying "nice fold" to the river better competitor..anyways my mind was aloof, and I hit call on A8 next hand because I figured it would be a 5x BB tops bet preflop not an "all in".

My point? I think that there should be a double click for all in acceptance in "no limit online" games, not just because of clumsy people like me, but just because it makes sense, are you really shoving? It takes what...2 seconds to double click twice on an all in confrimation, there should be some kind of all in safety, sure I am an idiot, but I made a simple mistake..I am sure I am not the only one:)

I say this from a live game perspective...would I shove A8 live? No...so there is for sure errors that can happen that don't match judgement in online..I don't like to focus on superfluous things that can make or break the entire game and waste time. Yes, I am clumsy, but it was not a judgement call..it was an accident. I don't accidentally shove A8 "all in" live..lol
Yeah, I was on the table when that happened. I felt for you, but stuff happens. The only preset button I ever press is "fold." I usually don't even press the "check" preselect button, because it appears weak.

Luckily I've only had one miss click so far. I called a folded around preflop from the button with 58o. BB (the other Dude) checked with 66. We checked it down, and I ended up winning a four street flush with my five.

I know it is a common mistake when playing multiple tables, as happened to mkdrummey. I now use two computers so I don't have windows popping up at the wrong time.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think there should be something like double clicks. Imo missclicks are part of the online game :D It doesnt happen often, but can be very interesting

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has already happened to me that I wanted to click on the shortcut to check and by the time I clicked there I had already pressed the all-in button because someone had pushed it. :D
But it also happened that I pressed one of the buttons and didn’t take it just a second time. That's what happens.
That's (online) poker particularities.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would imagine that this would become very annoying for somebody running 10 tables at the same time, for me it's bad enough just on one. I've gotten into the habit of quickly double-checking my action in big hands like this and wouldn't find having to confirm an all-in useful at all.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a double-click or something to confirm your action is not necessary. There is a useful trick you can use to avoid missclick. That is holding down your mouse button for one or two more seconds and just release it when you are sure of your decision.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The same thing happened to me too, but worse. It was 23, it was totally accidental. The worst, or the best, is that he wins the hand and everyone at the table thought he was a fish. They threw everything at me. And they told me everything, although I apologized. They are things that happen I think.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah calling and raising can mistakenly happen when you are replaying hands on PS, otherwise its all fine