Did you ever fold AA??

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever folded with two Aces in your hand? This happened for me yesterday when I decided to enter the payout pool, but it turned out that I was lucky and I did it well because the guy played all-in, got a third nine and I would stay with Aces.It wasn't a freeroll ,but a guaranteed 1.500$ tournament

Last edited by a moderator:
dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really. Its like having a fear that my house will collapse till I am in. Maybe if my partner raises wildly I would.
One thing about bubbles its surviving is important, but you can loose all of your power as well till the end, so if its important for you to reach the money be tight, but as the higher places are paid better, you can play aces aggressive for the upcoming blinds.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot recall the number of times I folded AA but only after the flop. Sure if I am holding 2 AA blacks and the flop is diamonds for exemple, I am out

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always get it in pre flop, because eve if they have a draw after flop, on PS they always make it...

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I fold them preflop when there are 1 or 2 people left before the pay zone and I have a small stack.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a classic situation where folding AA is easy... of course, we'll rarely ever be in such a position, but it COULD happen someday.

The situation to fold AA preflop is the following: we're at the final table of a big tournament, and we have the second largest chip stack at the table. All the other players have only a small amount of chips left in their stacks.

The easy fold for AA happens when there's a raise by a short stack, and then the chipleader shoves all-in. It's our turn to play, and there are 5 or 6 short stacks behind us who still have cards... what is our play? Obviously... we FOLD.

This is called an ICM fold, we're folding AA here because we could lose the hand to the chipleader (AA only has 80% equity against 2 random cards, so we'll lose the hand about 20% of the time), and if we lose the hand and get knocked out in 7th or 8th place when we had the second largest chip stack at the entire table... well this is what some would call an "ICM disaster". LOL Don't make ICM mistakes!!

ICM stands for "Independent Chip Model" and it's a way to mathematically analyze the situations that happen at the end of the tournament like the situation I described above. ICM attempts to show us the best way to maximize our return, which simply means it shows us how to make the highest finish possible in the tournament. It's not a perfect method, but it's the best we have and many good players understand ICM concepts very well.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
HI. for sure, especially when I see up to the river. often with no chance of taking chances.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, sometimes I fold AA, because of the maths of the game, or I see that the deck is not so friendly, or even if my intuition says no!

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Have you ever folded with two Aces in your hand? This happened for me yesterday when I decided to enter the payout pool, but it turned out that I was lucky and I did it well because the guy played all-in, got a third nine and I would stay with Aces.It wasn't a freeroll ,but a guaranteed 1.500$ tournament
Pre-flop I fold ones only at the bubble in the 215 buy-in tournament, it let me got to ITM but I fold many times on the river when I see definitely opponents flush on the board.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop in Satellite and once misclicked in a cash game after 4 betting. Post flop plenty of times when it obviously went bad by the river, and bluffed off of it on the river once.

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never, always play all in preflop with him

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely fold AA, only probably after the flop or the turn, and before the flop I will never fold AA, so sorry :) :) :)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't remember dropping my cards from A A once. Always played to the end. Sometimes I came across two pairs, straight, Flash. There were all sorts of things, but it is difficult to reset A A.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
A few times on the river and this is my mistake that I waited until there !!!

N

Nairne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is basically no reason why you’d ever fold AA pre-flop in NLHE. Post-flop is a different story, I’ve folded it too many times to count.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Preflop i would never fold AA , even if im on the bubble , postflop tho its a completely different story , floded way to many AA , to possible flushs , straights , when i had nothing :3 ( well except for pocket AA)

although online it seems to happens way to often when i get my AA cracked by another pocket pair :3 but that is poker you not guaranteed to win even with the best hand preflop !

K

kaggenheim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have never

i rather go "fighting" if the game decide im out, LETS GO, but i do get your point, if u put lot of money in front, situation changes

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Throw AA

Hello people,the truth is,I never shot AA before seeing the flop,for the reason that we have a hand cannon,post flop and depending on the phase of the tournament we are playing if I throw them.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folded once or twice to get ITM

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have and I know I will again. 2 kings on the table and a guy goes all-in. You bet.
Dan',O

Folding in Poker