Can you comment on these hands?

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are some general notes I quickly wrote while playing 1/2NL live.
Looking for general commentary.
I know LOTS of details are missing, but this is the best I can do.
Please let me know if anything is played correctly, or very incorrectly.

(1)
Pocket 4's.
Guy before me goes all in for $22.
I fold. (Flops comes 6 4 10)

(2)
78 OTB.
I bet 6 preflop.
V raises 15.
I call.
Flop comes 5AJ.
Someone bets, I fold.

(3)
Pocket 9's.
I call 10.
Flop I bet $20.
V calls.
Turn is 9.
I bet $50.
V folds.

(4)
Pocket 6's.
I bet $6 preflop.
Someone raises $15. I call.
Flop comes Q 10 A. Someone bets $20. I fold. (Turn comes a 6)

(5)
AJ.
Late position.
$5 call.
After flop, I C-bet $15 into $30 pot.
V folds.

(6)
Pocket 9's.
I do $12 bet.
Flop is 3 undercards.
V bets to $24, all in.
Another caller goes all in before me.
I fold my 9s. (Pair of 8's wins the hand)

(7)
QJ.
UTG
I fold to $10 bet.
Flop comes 8 Q 4.

(8)
78. Late position.
V bets $15. I fold.
Flop comes K 6 8 7 3.

(9)
J 10.
Flop comes QAA
Small stack bets.
I fold.

(10)
Pocket 5's. OTB.
V goes all in.
I fold.

(11)
10 J
Cutoff position.
Flop comes AQJ.
$50 pot.
V bets $22.
(Getting 3:1, or 25% pot odds)
But need King. 4 outs. 8/1/6%
I folded.
(Hand is won by K 10)

(12)
Pocket 6's. Got crushed. Gutted my stack.
Don't recall the details.
I think I was trying to semi-bluff.
Ended with 2 pairs, but another guy had higher 2 pair.

(13)
A9
Cutoff
V bets $10.
I fold.

(14)
Down to my last $35.
75. Flop comes 758.
I go all in.
River is 5.
Multi-handed.
I am back to $200 !!

Let me know what hand number you're commenting on....

vnonline

vnonline

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I know where you played these hands?
I'm just a new player so I have 2 questions: Do you always bet when you have a small pair ? Is that a skill or you're waiting for luck?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you said information is missing, so I'm going to answer as best I can but I think most are going to be to difficult to answer based on the information you're giving.

(1) Can't really answer, to much information missing. Obviously if we could guarantee going HU's I'm fine calling off 10bb vs this guy, again though a lot depends on how many are left behind, what these players are like etc.

(2)This really depends on how deep effective stack sizes are if calling pre flop is fine here.

(3)urg, I mean don't get this hand. Someone raised pre to 10 I assume and you flat call and donk bet the flop or bet once checked too? Depends on flop texture if this is good or not..obviously when we turn a set betting is fine.

(4)So we are 3 way here with 66? Seems ok if we are closing the action or expect villain last player to act to also call. This is assuming of course the 3 bettor pre flop isn't really short, if he is then folding seems best. Flop fold of course fine.

(5) I don't get how you can call and then cbet the flop. I assume you mean someone 2.5x pre and you flatted? Then you bet once folded too? Seems ok, I guess.

(6)Can't answer this, we're fine with the guy shoving $24 and is all in, but we need information on other guy and his stack size more importantly before we can make a decision. Also, just saying all low cards doesn't help as it totally effects our decision based on the actual cards that are there and how connected they are.

(7)? Do you raise pre? Are you limping or are you calling a raise etc? Can't answer that one. Not sure how you're facing a $10 bet when you're UTG here and first to act unless you limp/folded pre flop. If so, that seems bad.

(8)? Have you called pre flop here? Can't answer this.

(9)Impossible to answer without knowing exactly what's happened in the hand.

(10)Well if villain is 10bb deep we're calling, if he's 100bb deep we are folding. Can't answer.

(11)How is the pot $50 on the flop and you're holding TJ? Fold preflop.

(12)..Nothing to say on that with no details :)

(13)villian raises pre flop to 10? Depends on how aggro he has been if we can call or maybe even 3B pre

(14)Not sure how you end up in a hand with 75 on a 15bb stack. Fold pre or reload.:)

All in all, way to little information to give any real feedback but I tried to give what I could based on the very limited info. If anything what's most important if you cant recall all details is to really know how deep we are and the villains in the hands.

P

Pandaaaaa88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard to answer but i can tell that u are invest so much money at the dangerous pots

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need more detail on each hand, opponent style of play you were up against, their position and whether cars are suited or not!

I

IAMMEUR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please let me know if anything is played correctly, or very incorrectly....

(1)
Pocket 4's.

What's missing? Your stack size and position. Obviously there are more people in the hand but to decide to call that raise really depends on position and what's left to act and how many BB you have and what the call wll do to your stack. For example: you have 100 BB and one more to act behind you I say it's a call. The villian with $22 has a wide range to shove with at this moment.

(2)
78 OTB.
I bet 6 preflop.
V raises 15.
I call.
Flop comes 5AJ.
Someone bets, I fold.

So here your making a play for the blinds? The villian is bb or sb? So he happens to have a hand ( maybe) or thinks your making a play. When he raised to 15, I think about folding, but see a flop and see what comes. Nothing then fold. There is more then you and villian in the hand I presume, so your 7/8 shrinks when they call the 15.

(3)
Pocket 9's.
I call 10.
Flop I bet $20.
V calls.
Turn is 9.
I bet $50.
V folds.

Here you turn what might very well be the nuts. You are missing the flop and turn cards and pot size. Is there a possible st8 or flush for you to bet big to chase them off the hand? You have a great hand and want to extract the most out of your opposition. You want them to call you with their top pair.

(4)
Pocket 6's.
I bet $6 preflop.

With this board your beat by many cards even with the turn 6 unless the board pairs on the river. So I say good fold and move on. This hand is similar to your 4/4 hand where you folded.

(5)
AJ.
Late position.
$5 call.
V folds.

No information as to flop.

(6)
Pocket 9's.
I do $12 bet.
Flop is 3 undercards.
V bets to $24, all in.

Again missing pot size and what the other all in amount is and your stack size. If the all in is $100 then I fold but if it does not cripple me I possibly call. Did the villian win or the other all in? Lots of variables here.

(7)
QJ.
UTG
I fold to $10 bet.
Flop comes 8 Q 4.

You folded top pair to a pot size bet? Was the flop suited ? If the blinds are in your 3rd. to act. $10 seems like a reasonable call to see what comes next.

(8)
78. Late position.
V bets $15. I fold.
Flop comes K 6 8 7 3.

Here again lack of info.

(9)
J 10.
Flop comes QAA
Small stack bets.
I fold.

Yes you fold all day unless your suited and the board is 4 flushed and the bet amount is within your range.

(10)
Pocket 5's. OTB.
V goes all in.
I fold.

What's the all in amount and your stack? You have to gamble sometimes. How has he been playing?

(11)
10 J
Cutoff position.
Flop comes AQJ.
$50 pot.
V bets $22.
I folded.
(Hand is won by K 10)

Fold is good.

(12)

Well this one obviously was not good. Lesson learned and move on.

(13)
A9
Cutoff
V bets $10.
I fold.

Is this after you just called or is he raising ahead of you? Are you suited, I may call, unsuited I probably fold. See how the flop comes. A/9 is a stack drainer, looks good but beat by too many.

(14)
Down to my last $35.
75. Flop comes 758.
I go all in.
River is 5.
Multi-handed.
I am back to $200 !!

So your in the BB or Sb with a bunch of limpers? 4 to 5 to the flop and they all call your all in ? I guess that's getting in good for you. I think before you get short stacked you ante up or set a limit to walk away before you get that low. You want to win the most when you hit a huge hand like that.You could have possibly scored much more. It was interesting to go through hands. I think it helps everyone to review their own and others. Good luck in the future.

aa

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on the very limited info, can you tell me which hands appear to have been played terribly (regardless of context)?
At this point, I am a beginner who is barely breaking even on 1/2NL.
If there is anything that appears BLATANTLY wrong, let me know.

This is the most detail I can possibly transcribe b/w live hands.
Maybe when I am more experienced, more details will be apparent.
For now, all I can do it write my general position, cards/flop, and bet.
At some point, maybe I'll be able to note other player's info.
For now, it's way too much.

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(7)? Do you raise pre? Are you limping or are you calling a raise etc? Can't answer that one. Not sure how you're facing a $10 bet when you're UTG here and first to act unless you limp/folded pre flop. If so, that seems bad.

(8)? Have you called pre flop here? Can't answer this.

(11)How is the pot $50 on the flop and you're holding TJ? Fold preflop.

(14)Not sure how you end up in a hand with 75 on a 15bb stack. Fold pre or reload.:)

Thanks for the feedback.

7) No, I folded pre-flop.

8) No, I folded pre-flop.

11) I should fold 10J if there is a bet pre-flop? (I called)

14) I was just waiting to shove. Decided to play low cards for straight miracle. Ended up flopping 2 pair and shoving.

CharlieWest

CharlieWest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will do my best based on the limited info here. Others have noted what you need to add so for the most part I won't revisit it. Here goes. Notes are in red.

Please let me know if anything is played correctly, or very incorrectly.

(1)
Pocket 4's.

Not enough info disclaimer but ... it depends. 11BB is a big raise unless there were a number of limpers before him. I think a fold was reasonable there, particularly when you're just learning. Don't groan that the flop had a 4 - most of the time it won't - the results aren't what make your decisions the best ones. General rule is that you want 10 times implied odds to make a call like that - i.e., did you and he both have $220 in your stacks? - you're looking to stack him when you flop your set.

(2)
78 OTB.
I bet 6 preflop.
V raises 15.
I call.
Flop comes 5AJ.
Someone bets, I fold.

Were you on the button and first in? Were you suited? Was the Villain in the blinds? If he raised from the blinds, I might have just folded there, particularly if they were off suit. The fold on the flop was good tho.

(3)
Pocket 9's.
I call 10.
Flop I bet $20.
V calls.
Turn is 9.
I bet $50.
V folds.

Depending on the situation and my position, I'd have raised preflop with 99. What board was it that inspired you to lead out betting? Without more information, I would not have taken that route and I think you got very lucky turning the 9. Congrats! $50 may have been a bit large (he pot was about $60-65?) to keep him in there unless it was a draw heavy board. If he was basically drawing dead, you want to keep him in the hand.

(4)
Pocket 6's.
I bet $6 preflop.

Again, don't worry about the results. It was a good fold.

(5)
AJ.
Late position.
$5 call.
V folds.

Were you the initial raiser? With AJ in late position, I'd either have folded or raised to reduce the field (looks like there may have been 6?). Not enough info to tell you whether your c-bet (if it was a c-bet and not just a bet) was good.

(6)
Pocket 9's.
I do $12 bet.
Flop is 3 undercards.
V bets to $24, all in.

Depends how much the other all-in was. I would definitely have called the first all-in.

(7)
QJ.
UTG
I fold to $10 bet.
Flop comes 8 Q 4.

Again, don't think results. AQ and KQ have you crushed. I thinking folding QJ UTG is often a decent fold. Looks like maybe you limped and someone raised? If there were enough other callers before you, I might see the flop for another $8, but as a beginner, I'd likely not play like that.

(8)
78. Late position.
V bets $15. I fold.
Flop comes K 6 8 7 3.

See above, don't think results. You are seeming to remember more flops when you didn't hit than when you did. Fold, move on, and watch the game play out.

(9)
J 10.
Flop comes QAA
Small stack bets.
I fold.

Good fold IMO

(10)
Pocket 5's. OTB.
V goes all in.
I fold.

Need to know how much he shoved with.

(11)
10 J
Cutoff position.
Flop comes AQJ.
$50 pot.
V bets $22.
I folded.
(Hand is won by K 10)

Good fold.

(12)

(13)
A9
Cutoff
V bets $10.
I fold.

Good fold.

(14)
Down to my last $35.
75. Flop comes 758.
I go all in.
River is 5.
Multi-handed.
I am back to $200 !!

Where is that game? I want to play in it! :D Congrats! Great that you got reloaded by 5-6 callers but you should generally not let your stack drop that far if you can help it.

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For hand #6, don't you think V shoved since he hit his set?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands