Would you fold that hand?

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my hand QQ FLOP Q J A 2 all-in opponent would you fold this hand with QQ?

I fold, turn and river hit J-9 I was very sorry to run.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my hand QQ FLOP Q J A 2 all-in opponent would you fold this hand with QQ?

I fold, turn and river hit J-9 I was very sorry to run.

A lot depends on the action and player types,stack sizes etc. On the flop your losing to AA and K10 so I'm probably getting it in here and losing some of the time. even getting it in good the opponents will have some outs against us

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was at 6+ holdem all in $ 100 per player

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think I am folding this hand unless we are playing high stakes cash where we would think opponents would not be putting large amounts of chips in the middle without the nuts. I am not sure what the stakes are, if this is a tournament or a cash game, what the pre flop action was etc, but I dont think I could fold under a vast majority of circumstances. Depending on opponents and suits of the cards there are hands that could be getting it in here that we beat. Its AA and K10 we lose to and remember against K10 we have the boat redraw for 7 outs on turn and 10 on the river. Not loving it of course but its still something to consider that we have these outs even if we are losing here. AA will usually show up pre flop so I am not saying the opponent couldnt have it but given however the hand played pre I would feel better or slightly worse about calling. Same with K10, pre flop action could/should dictate whether someone could logically have that holding.

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not in a vacuum, but more info needs to be provided like full action, stack sizes, etc. All in could mean for 4bb or for 400bb. Very different answers for those cases

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was at 6+ holdem all in $ 100 per player
this would have good to mention in the first post. now i have no idea if jamming with qq in this spot is profitable or not as i am not familiar with 6+ holdem.

like everything poker, information is important.

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would need to have some VERY specific reads on your opponent in order to fold a hand as strong as QQ on that flop. Depending on the betting that preceded the flop, only 7 total combos of hands most likely have you dominated after the flop (4 suited KT and the three remaining AA combos), with way more combos being most likely what the villain has here. odds are at best that the opponent could have spiked Two Pair, which you are way ahead of at this point. Without knowing how preflop went in this particular scenario, I don't think I fold trip Queens here. If he has you beat with a slow played hand then hats off to him.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm never folding qq on that flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will get better answers, if you post an actual hand history, so that we know stack sizes, positions and the exact line of action both preflop and on the flop. But as everyone else have said, barring some really special situation then I am usually more than happy to get it in with QQ on that board.

Also the fact, this is shortdeck, means, the equities will tend to run closer, because each out has a much larger probability of hitting. So even if someone flopped a straight, you are literally printing money by getting it in 3-ways. The only really bad scenario is, if someone has AA, but if they can have AA, they can also have JJ, and in the long run these set-over-set spots are just going to be a wash.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, vital information missing from the post - experienced players can't help you without all the information.

I'd want to know is the suit of the cards on the flop? Flush beats full house in 6+ poker so if it was AQJ all one suit, or two clubs etc., that would complicate the decision. How big was the pot (what was the betting pre-flop), how did the betting go after the flop, without these things you will get very poor answers (only as good as the information you provided).

As described I wouldn't be planning on folding a lot of sets... similar to regular hold'em.

Good luck! :D

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of things about playing hands, the size of your opponent's chip, and your opponent's game style.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd want to know is the suit of the cards on the flop? Flush beats full house in 6+ poker so if it was AQJ all one suit, or two clubs etc., that would complicate the decision.

Suits obviously matter and especially so when a monotone board could have us drawing nearly dead to a flopped flush, because its 6+ poker. But I assume, OP would have told us, if the board was monotone. If it was only 2-tone, that hardly changes anything, since we would still be ahead of any flushdraw.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't agree that a two-flush on board changes hardly anything.

There are many players that overplay flush draws and if there is a higher chance one of the players is on a draw you can define their ranges differently, get a better estimate your equity, and make a better decision in the end.

Good luck! :D

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy call. Sounds like they have an ace. Weak ace or 2 pair at the most.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah man, I'd probably never fold this hand.

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no way I'd fold here

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With everyone else, wouldn't fold.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you don't need to fold.

A game is luck at time for that.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sorry i would never ever fold this.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today in three tournaments on pokerstars I flopped a set 4 times. Three times there was a four card straight on the board and once there was a four card flush on the board. Twice I had to fold with 40 bb's with a straight and flush on the board. Once i won a small pot that i couldn't raise because of the 4 card straight. And the fourth time i called the all in on the turn with trip kings and 15bb's left. the board didn't pair and i lost. I think you made a good fold if you had 40 or more bb's if you had 20 or less it was probably a call. But you cant second guess yourself because the board paired after you folded and you would of won. The truly correct answer and moral of this story is don't play on pokerstars.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold in this situation. Sure, you may be down against a straight, but you still have the chance of a full house. Three of a kind is a too strong hand to fold. For me it's a very clear call

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker