Would you call or fold when heavy pot commited

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone one I have 2 examples of hands iv found myself playing lately I would like to no whether you would call or fold on the final draw when more than half your chips are committed to the pot

Situation 1
I have a pair of 7s and B.B. is 80 I’m in middle position I choose to raise 3 B.B. and 2 players call the flop comes 7 Q 2 I choose to raise again to 3 B.B. one player folds and the chip leader calls the turn comes and its a 3 I know raise to 5 B.B. the river comes and it’s a J I raise 5 B.B. again and he calls

Situation

I’m holding A 8 suited on the bb someone raises 3 times the B.B. of 120 2 other players also call I also call the flop reads K 10 K the king and 10 I raise 2 bb one player folds the other 2 call the turn brings a 3 in my suit I now have a flush an raise 4 B.B. one player folds and the other calls a 9 comes on the river I raise 5 B.B. and the other player moves all in I’m down to 400 chips do I call or fold

I’ll give you all the details of whether I won the hands or lost after iv heard what a few of you would do in these situations as it’s more fun that way so would you play or would you fold and if so at what point

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold a set of 7's there get as many chips in as possible if the other player has a strong q will have trouble folding. The other hand would have to have a feel

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with 'Stacker' in situation one, you are never folding there and are lucky to get the calls from the chip leader. That is a gold mine all day for situation one. I would be the opponent on a high Q or even slow playing K's or A's.

The same goes for the second situation. You are not going to fold your flush, especially with A high. They may have a full house but with 400 chips remaining, I would have gone all in at that point for more value. The 400 remaining would not do you much good if you are in fact beat, and you would be praying to rely on perfect hands after that. It's just not a reasonable way to stay alive in the tournament.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First play, second fold.

Folding in Poker