would you call all in with A10???

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had 22K the guy went all in had 8K. it was only me and him in the hand. is A10 a hand to be calling????

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell us more about the situation. What were the blinds? How much was in the pot? What do you know about villian? What was actions prior? Cash or MTT/SNG?

Please put effort into making threads on the forum.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i had 22K the guy went all in had 8K. it was only me and him in the hand. is A10 a hand to be calling????
Yes. Call with AT. You have around 30% equity and his stack size is about the compared to yours.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how does it feel?i pushed with 99 at a final table the other day...didnt feel right but position was perfect as was everything else,bb calls with 79 off hits two 7s on board...i just knew it felt wrong...and he had no excuse for calling at all,not even a smidgen except for it felt right.

Last edited:
C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call, especially if blinds are like 500/1k. The villian might have not a strong hand

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is a simple question.
Pot odds 1in1 means for zero calling you need 50% equity for ATs.
44 +, A2s +, KTs +, QTs +, JTs, A7o +, KQo - this is 17.6%
against this range ATs have 51.3%
If you think that these hands are a villain shoves you, then call.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not knowing the other details I would think in your position call.:):):)

R

rjwhite99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your read on your opponent also. I stick with AJ or better usually.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really hard to say. A lot of it would depend on the specific situation. As a generality I probably wouldn't though.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was the blind? value How many BB's are your 22k's? and his 9k, what position were you in? And where did he go all in? I do not know if I paid this all in, was it bubble? semi FT? has several factors to be seen before giving this call.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on many factors such as blinds, opponents style of play to determine if this is feasible.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends upon so many differnt factors, mainly how much was in the pot after the 8K went in. Pre flop, post flop or what. It is impossible to give you a clear answer with the insufficient info given

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what game? u in prize? close eyes and push, not call :D:eek::rolleyes:

G

gotchanutts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So many factors come into play and with the limited info given it would be at best a guess to answer but probably wouldnt.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that this card plays sometimes well but not so much, I very rarely call all-in on such a card, I try to see the flop and then decide how to play further, because I lost many times on such a card I have A10 against - AJ -AQ-AK-KK-AA, but when there are big bets in the game, I sometimes play on such a card to try to pick up more chips!

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on several factors, villain range,stage of the game, format, A10 is a stealing hand only format to call A10 is Bounty builder

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i will call on this hand if 8k was down but if there was nothing i will not .

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I would call... Often, you'll be ahead.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like this card for all in or even I do not like AJ for that.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if the villain had 10 BB's or less or if he was on the button his range would be wider and I would call . If blinds were low and he was out of position I would fold . Let us know the details.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me,such cards in my hands raise doubts,and I would not risk bluffing,although sometimes it is necessary,again,it all depends on the table, opponents and this distribution of cards.what structure of the tournament is also interesting?

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Fold A 10

Hi
I would automatically fold A10 if I am put All in by opponent obviously not know what he has.
Unless you know if the player bluffs a lot, or lost a big pot on the previous hand.
Most players i have noted make crazy calls out of frustration of losing a big pot.
Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A10 is a good starting hand but if the flop is not favorable and I see that I could not bluff on this flop then I throw without any remorse.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, the controversial question about the answer to the enemy on the allin. The map is certainly not bad. But everyone decides for himself. For games in dvoem and average katra is considered good.

G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah...the memories. MP AKo allin pre vs butt A10s allin call for 1/2 stack. Of course flop came 1010x. KO'ed in 58th place in poker stars Sun Mil 9-10 years ago. My best finish ever in Sun Mil.