Would I pay the Small blind with mediocre hike hands?

telford777

telford777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys. Can anybody please give me some advice on the small blind (Texas hold em)?

If nobody has raised, should I still pay the Small blind with bad to moderate hole cards to see the flop?

So many times, I see my bad hole cards transform into gems....if only I would have paid the small blind. 😒

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's up to the pot odds, really. Sometimes you'll be getting really great odds to call on the small blind with mediocre hands. Let's say every player limped. It's very unlikely that the BB will raise because they know they won't get many folds. In that case you only have to pay half a big blind to see the flop when there's already 8.5 big blinds in the pot. The odds are extraordinary, maybe you shouldn't even fold a hand like 72o in that situation.

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll usually complete the small blind if there are at least 2 or 3 limpers and 0.5 bb doesn't mean much to my stack. Though it definitely depends on how you feel about your ability to play post-flop.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pay what, just complete the big blind or pay a bet?
Paying a previous bet is not advisable as we indicate that we are going to look for something to connect and that we have a weak hand. now pay to complete the big blind with mediocre hands we can get used to playing these hands and not always going to conetcar a great game

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it depends on how many ppl have called if it's folded to me i'll almost always see a flop when playing live i'll do this blind and then min bet the flop sometimes the bb will fold

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if you’re talking about cash games or MTTs, and if MTTs then what stage of the tournament you’re at (how many bb you have left). Also depends on how many other limpers there have been, if a few then completing with connectors can be profitable, but not crap like 93o

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any 2 cards can end up to be the best hand. If you have a mountain of chips and a chance to win the pot for a very small investment, the odds are favorable. If "wasting" chips to complete the BB costs too much (usually completing the BB with junk ends up that way), then don't do it. "Costs too much" is a function of the percentage of chips you have to remove from your total to call.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not like to pay with bad hands, but actually those who send are the post-flop cards just worth paying instead while even with a bad hand if flop comes lucky favor, if not come just drop your hand

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands