Worst hand

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the worst starting hand in Hold'em?

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Technically its 72o because of the weak pairs that it makes and the lack of it having any drawing capability, but if you ever played KJs we all know that that is literally an evil hand sometimes lol:icon_tong

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Technically its 72o because of the weak pairs that it makes and the lack of it having any drawing capability, but if you ever played KJs we all know that that is literally an evil hand sometimes lol:icon_tong
Yes i can recall. Lol
And your are right about that. One of the weakest pairs.

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are no bad hands in poker. You can win with any combination. (Remember how many times you moved with top cards) There is a bad position.

J

jignesh_cse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no bad hands in poker. There is a bad position.....

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7-2 is worst hand to play, you dump it, and 222 shows on the table.
It is a wile since it happened, but this morning i dumped 7-2 and 1 minute later it was 7-2-7 on the table.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7-2 is worst hand to play, you dump it, and 222 shows on the table.
It is a wile since it happened, but this morning i dumped 7-2 and 1 minute later it was 7-2-7 on the table.

so what? doesnt mean that just because 72o is the worst starting hand it cant hit nor win...

Its a bad hand because you are most likely going to have the weakest pairs, weakest kickers, no 2-card-straightchance, no 2-card-flush-chance. And even if you hit a straight or flush youre often going to be dominated.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The one that your judgement says it is not going to win even if it is AA!!

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7-2 is the most technically bad combination because you can not build a straight or couples are low, but everything depends on the position where you are, and rivals that you face are always playable those letters, but statistically these are the worst

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me K Q is a worst hand. I have lost so much with this that I can not say..

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7/2o is the worst starting hand in poker because they are the lowest 2 cards you can hold without possibility of making a straight.

John Penniston

John Penniston

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's know worst hand in poker, that's my opinion. It all depends on how you play your hand against your opponents, I play 7,2 any time I feel like, poker is all about playing your opponents n the table.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
intersting how many people claim 72o is the worst hand, while the hu table from the cc strategic articles lists 32o as worst with 35% chance to win versus 37% for 72o.
maybe I read the table wrong, but both have the regular advice: trow/fold and yes both can flop into quads or full house

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me its 8-3 but you can always bluf

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
intersting how many people claim 72o is the worst hand, while the hu table from the cc strategic articles lists 32o as worst with 35% chance to win versus 37% for 72o.
maybe I read the table wrong, but both have the regular advice: trow/fold and yes both can flop into quads or full house

This is a good point, and I think most people don't understand it. 7-2o is commonly considered the worst hand, when facing multiple opponents. In that situation, a pair is unlikely to be a winning hand. And, 7-2o doesn't usually make better than a pair. If you are heads up, a pair might win. In that case, 3-2o is worse, because a pair of 3s is going to lose to 44, 55, and 66 while a pair of 7s would beat those combinations. With 3-2o, you are also never going to have the best kicker.

The "fact" that 7-2o is the worst hand seems to be based on speculation from professional players back in the day. It has been passed down as common knowledge. In actual simulations, 3-2o does worse in almost every spot. The potential straight doesn't provide enough equity to make up for the low cards. It's just more proof of how powerful high cards are in hold'em.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the biggest killer is JJ. It's a nice poket-pair so you feel obliged to play it, but if anyone is calling your raise/all-in with the hand, it'ss almost guaranteed that they have an A/K/Q and will catch a pair or something on the flop and then you'll be screwed.

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think 7-2 naughty

This piece is considered the worst starting hand in Texas Hold'em. The two lowest cards from which it is impossible to collect a straight line, and if you hit the top pair (7-7), you will have the weakest kicker, which will easily be beaten by any card.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think 7-2 is the worst card, because you can use it as a bluff to show, this can make fall in tilt to your opponent in a matter of seconds .. but you need a good situation to do it .. worst hands i think 84, 62, 93, 95os ..

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it depends on how you look at the question. 2 - 7 offsuit is the worst starting hand as far as having the ability to end up with drawing a winning hand. There are plenty of hands that cost people more money like AQ, KQ, KJ as you can easily get yourself into bad situations if you overplay them. My personal worst hand is K9 suited. I play with a guy that loves to play (and lose with) 10-2 because he thinks Doyle put a blessing on that hand.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To say the pure number everybody knows is 72off
But depends on the position, action, reading and good play, you can make chips with a hand like that. Sometimes a lot of chips !
Keep up and play, see you on the tables of PS

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 2 ,8 3 and 10 J , J K beacuse I never get good hand them

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands