Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This was a first for me one night when I was playing several tournaments and suddenly the little blinky light on my mouse sputtered and died. As I was searching around the house for two double AA's (pun intended) the large blinds were chewing at my stacks.
After a couple of minutes of searching for replacements 'where they should have been but weren't' I took a couple of batteries out of a TV remote and carried on. I managed one final table in mid spot and a top finish for a ticket but sacrificed the other two games because of this blunder.

Keep your batteries in good shape or have a wired mouse!

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same failure once. True I played not in pokerstars but in another online game. But it was very insulting when at the crucial moment my mouse died. It was a long time ago. Now I use only wired mouse :)

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm done with wireless devices. With the mouse it was new batteries every month, save yourself some bucks, change to wire.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be against wireless keyboards and mice. Then I got a Mac. It came with both. They are perfectly integrated - you'd have no idea it was wireless except for the lack of wires. When the batteries get low you get many hours of advance warning. Plenty of time to charge up a couple, which is what I do. My mouse and keyboard have NEVER died on me, and I've had them for over five years.

So may reasons to like Macs. This is just one.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried a mouse with AAA's, but it didn't improve my luck:D.
Since then: wired mouse.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I had the sad experience of playing with a wireless mouse, but the good I played on the laptop) So no problem changed the batteries))) Always have in stock 2-4 pieces.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be against wireless keyboards and mice. Then I got a Mac. It came with both. They are perfectly integrated - you'd have no idea it was wireless except for the lack of wires. When the batteries get low you get many hours of advance warning. Plenty of time to charge up a couple, which is what I do. My mouse and keyboard have NEVER died on me, and I've had them for over five years.

So may reasons to like Macs. This is just one.

I agree ..)) I did not have problems with the mouse ...
there were problems with the Internet or the power outage in the house ..)))
:cool:

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have a wireless mouse that uses a single AA battery. I also am using a laptop with a touch pad. I use rechargeable batteries with a (relatively) high mAh rating indicating longer life sitting between charges. Every couple of months (more frequently if I'm playing lots of poker), the battery dies and I use the touch pad for one or two hands until I can complete the swap with the spare battery that is sitting next to my computer. If there is already one dead battery (they are charged in pairs) the "swap in" battery is an old AA that is too weak to run anything else, but still works fine with the mouse - this is also sitting next to my computer.