Will this move add more chances to the flush and the straight??

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
I was just going through 2 nd 4 rules about the outs and equity but I would like to present a scenario here and to know its effect on Flush and Straight equity.

As we have The flop, the turn and the river in poker. Now let us add an another round "The prestige" to it and it works like this-

2 Cards on flop not 3.
One on turn, one on river and one on Prestige i.e. total five cards.

So Now if we have 2 suited cards in our hand and other 2 cards of the same suit on the flop then how does it affect the percentage of hitting the flush till the Prestige and what will be happen to 2 and 4 rules? Will there be another number like 6 or 8 be used in calculation?
The increase in percentage will trap more flush chasers??

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ironically sounding, the math would be the same. The 2 and 4 rule can be thought of as Turn and River. If the "Flop" were to have 2 cards instead of 3, then the math from the Flop to the Turn (2-3 and not 3-4th street in your version) would be the same as the calculation from the Turn to River. I hope I explained my thinking well without confusion.

Think of the 2 and 4 rule as if it is always a "2 rule." It only doubles (to 4) because we are passing two streets of cards. From your 2 card Flop to "Prestige" would be like a 2-4-8 rule. Also notice that 2-4 rule (traditionally) would offer identical math by showdown as your hypothetical version.

Long story short, the math for percentages of getting flushes and straights by showdown would be identical to what it is now if 2 card Flops were used. Maybe strategy would change due to semi-bluffing and such, but the odds of hitting the draw (flush or straight) wouldn't change.

Full Flush Poker