freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Postar
WHy did i lose, i have A off hearts my flush is stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You didn't have a flush, you have to use 2 (no more, no less) cards in your hand. That's why AAAA is a shit hand :p

EDIT: This hand looks interesting, I'm not sure how it panned out but the fact that he took Jh9h all-in was weird. PLO has a cool phenomenon where you can "bluff" the nut flush if you have the Ace of that particular suit, even if you don't have the flush. NLHE would usually be a cooler, but most of the time in PLO, you have to fold a King/Queen high flush to a river raise when there's a possibility your opponent can have the nut flush.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
View attachment 230957
The previous two posters have given you the reason why, but I think you may need a little more help with your Omaha.

If you select "poker strategy" on the Main Cardschat Menu, you will find a lot of information there.
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

The following is a quote from an Omaha article
"QUOTE" Players must combine two and only two (no more and no less!) of their down cards with three of the cards on the board to make the best five-card hand they can. This is another difference from Texas Hold 'Em, you cannot "play the board" or play just one of your hole cards with four cards from the board, you must play exactly two of your hole cards. For example if you hold four spades and one more pops up on the board, you don't have a flush because you can only use two of your hole cards in making your hand. "UNQUOTE"

The full article here
https://www.cardschat.com/limit-omaha-high-low.php

The above article refers mainly to Omaha Hi Lo. For Pot limit Omaha try this one
https://www.cardschat.com/pot-limit-omaha-guide.php

Last edited:
freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Omaha, you MUST play two cards. Not one. Not three. MUST ONLY play two from your hand. So, you did not have a flush. You played AA as your best two cards.
Yes i play AA as my best 2 cards and one off those As was the A of hearts so i have a flush with high card A

The previous two posters have given you the reason why, but I think you may need a little more help with your Omaha.

If you select "Poker Strategy" on the Main Cardschat Menu, you will find a lot of information there.
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

The following is a quote from an Omaha article
"QUOTE" Players must combine two and only two (no more and no less!) of their down cards with three of the cards on the board to make the best five-card hand they can. This is another difference from Texas Hold 'Em, you cannot "play the board" or play just one of your hole cards with four cards from the board, you must play exactly two of your hole cards. For example if you hold four spades and one more pops up on the board, you don't have a flush because you can only use two of your hole cards in making your hand. "UNQUOTE"

The full article here
https://www.cardschat.com/limit-omaha-high-low.php

The above article refers mainly to Omaha Hi Lo. For Pot limit Omaha try this one
https://www.cardschat.com/pot-limit-omaha-guide.php
Thanks buddy now i understand it,is 2 off mine with 3 community cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow thanks for this post because i play omaha at least once a day on ring games and i did not even know that you HAVE to use 2 cards and 3 community cards and i win alot with omaha... I didnt know you can only use 3 community cards though... Wow lol Once again thanks cards chat helped out again learned something new about a game i win alot with!!!:D:D:D

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really helpful. I had also some situations like this and i didnt get it:))

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buddy in Omaha you MUST play with 2 from your 4 starting hands. You can't have flush with just 1 card in that color in your hand. You MUST have another hearth here to win. Before you go in the game, why you just don't watch some tutorial and read the rules of game on the net, instead of posting thread here. I don't blame you, but how you got into something you have no idea how its working.

Player X : As Ac Kc Kh
Player Y : 10c 10s Jh Qh
Board : 10h 9h 8s
Player X have: Pair A's

Player Y have: Straight 8 to Q

Player X have: 3 of a kind K's
Board : 10h 9h 8s Ks => in this situation
Player Y have: Straight 9 to K's

Player X have : Full House K's over 8s
Board : 10h 9h 8s Ks 8c => in this situation
Player Y have : Full House 10's over 8s

Omaha is game when you constantly play with 2 of your BEST HAND at the moment, it can change a lot and it will, you will need to learn when to go, when then is possibility for making straight or flush with the next card. You have a long way, but Im sure you will get there. I hope this example helped you.

Last edited:
C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of the toughest lessons to learn for beginning Omaha players.

You are not playing with 4 individual cards to use, you are using 6 pairs of cards to make a hand with three of the community cards.

I am sure many of us have started off chasing straights and flushes we never really had a shot at?

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really????

You must use two cards in your hand and only two.
Good thing you weren't playing for your life savings.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
View attachment 230957

I don't know how the hand played out.

But like others have said already - you didn't have a flush.

But - you did have the nut flush "blocker".

Your opponent had a J-high flush and it could have been possible to convince him that you had the A-high flush even though you didn't....as a bluff.

You knew you had the Ace - he didn't know you had the ace. But he knew that HE didn't have the Ace.

This is more advanced Omaha theory and worth studying when you get to that level.

Good luck !

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good place to ask the question! I didnt understand that either as I do not play alot of Omaha either. I will be playing more as ACR provides freerolls on saturdays. There are people here that are more than happy to answer these questions.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have too play 2 cards from hand and 3 from down.....is not a choice.is an obligation. ll the best

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never played Omaha but i thought its same as holdem, you just have 4 cards and in the end you still combine only 2 with the board. But i didnt know that you cant combine one, like have aa but you still have a flush in holdem, but here you can only do it with 3 community cards. Had no idea so thank you cc:)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just played another game, next time choose carefully)))

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember always read the rules of the game what you play. Google is always a friend.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad it was only a freeroll :)
It's so weird to me how some people play games that they don't know the rules for.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha Statutes, 3 cards from the board and 2 from the hand. That means you don't have a flush. In your case, AAQ87 is your strongest combination.