Why -EV?

A

APX808

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys

Could someone please help me understand why this hands results in -EV? It's because something related to pot odds? Should I have played the hand differently?

As I see it, at the flop I have two toppairs blocking the possibility of the villan to have something nice... with the exception of the set.

I don't have a problem with the cooler, but why hand2note shows this hand as net won EV -1.51?
To have +EV it was expected for me to fold?

Thanks for you help!

Here is the link to the hand description, as the image looks small and bbcode is disabled
https://h2n.blob.core.windows.net/hands/P971x4Z49QAOmuPNcpaTbw==.png

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the biggest reason is the massive combined range of the opponents that you let into the pot by not 3betting and instead just checking pre-flop with all the limpers. That's pretty much it. Remember, EV is expected value for the hand played out over and over again with all sorts of possible outcomes.

Once you get re-raised on the flop, the remaining villains range is very narrow to do that and is limited to sets and maybe once in a while aces or a very loose player with tptk.

In this case once you get re-raised on the flop you are better off folding.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EV is calculated from the time you got all-in. You were way behind then with only 4 outs.