Where to start?

C

chtobvas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best place for a new player to start? Tournaments or cash games? At what limits does the player's level grow the fastest?

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're just new, get to grips with the site you wanna use by playing the play money for like 15 minutes then go to the 2 euro/dollar cash game and practice there! Poker is an interesting study because you get to choose the price of your education!
If you want to concentrate on tournaments or sitngos or cash then you need to play the one you like! Whatever feels fun to you is where you should start! In cash you can leave whenever you want whereas in tournaments you have to make sure you have a couple of hours free!
As for study, search gripsed on YouTube it's a good free resource!
Study a little, play a lot, keep the stakes low and have fun!

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
What is the best place for a new player to start? Tournaments or cash games? At what limits does the player's level grow the fastest?
Very good questions. Well, I will try to answer as I think it does not mean that it is correct. First of all, the most important thing is the management of your bank if you really want to be a winner in the medium-long term. Play within the correct limits. The best place is where you feel most comfortable. Try, try to play all the modalities and see which one you like the most. Many say that sng is the best for beginners. I am a lover of tournaments, but I always enter with satellites. I get the entry with a lower cost. I do not suggest cash games. But if it is what you like, you can play it clear.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can get a lot of hands in and good value playing micro tournaments. I would recommend beginning there.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are really new,then i guess,go watch videos,youtube some streamers,read books.Then try to play,and see where are you good.

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

under $5 buy-in Tournaments are good for start, you can use twitch streams for understanding MMT strategies

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micro SNG and MTT is a great place to start :)

carlo00mo

carlo00mo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to learn how to play without risking your bank roll, I recommend that you play freerolls, there are many platforms with freerolls almost all day long like Natural8, 888poker, ACR, unibet and many other platforms. Once you have mastered freerolls, start with MTT and you will realize that it is much more difficult than it seems, but with time and practice you will improve your game and have your own style.