Where poker players are 2018?

B

BlueTapir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played like 2 years ago last time poker on pokerstars. Now I came back and I was surprised about how much players there were. Like 2 years ago there was 10-20 nine person tables running anytime. Now there was maybe 2-3 tables and there was 4-7 players per table. Where all players are gone? Is there some movement to bitcoin sites or are people just playing less? I would be happy to start playing poker again but what comes to Pokerstars there is not enough players for me.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not every one can play on Pokerstars. If you do not live in a certain area of the US you can not play on their site for real money and this eliminates a lot of players. I am in Florida and I can not play on Pokerstars.

B

BlueTapir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But isn't that same problem 2 years ago? What poker sites american players use and is there more players. Because when you compere South-America and Europe to USA I think there is a lot more players outside USA.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually the movement has dropped quite a lot in poker stars comparatively from two years to here we see a decrease easily noticed in the completion of the tournaments but also there was an increase of competing poker sites

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The PS is still the largest room. The remaining rooms of the players are even smaller than there.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe lots of them understood the rigging method that's going on to increase rake on cash games and play live poker or tournaments...???

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I noticed that as well, at least on BOL. Much less rooms and less players.
ACR and BCP are the only rooms that I have access to (USA) that have a pretty high amount of traffic. 888 is supposed to be high traffic too, as well as ignition. But I can't play on those.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played like 2 years ago last time poker on Pokerstars. Now I came back and I was surprised about how much players there were. Like 2 years ago there was 10-20 nine person tables running anytime. Now there was maybe 2-3 tables and there was 4-7 players per table. Where all players are gone? Is there some movement to bitcoin sites or are people just playing less? I would be happy to start playing poker again but what comes to Pokerstars there is not enough players for me.

Probably like me they were jerked around when they tried to withdraw some money. When PS did that I withdrew all my money and closed my account.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree that participation is down. Not sure why; but if the USA opens up the online play for residents it would be great!