WHERE DO I FOCUS MY STUDIES?

P

phillabust

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm ready to start taking poker much more seriously, and I want to spend a good amount of time studying every day. Where are some free/cheap resources that can really help me develop my game towards GTO? I have been playing for years, I'm not looking for anything focused towards beginners, but I'm looking for quality study material. Ready to learn more about cash games and definitely need to learn more about tournament play. I'm open to learning how to use PioSOLVER, I have the free version, and am curious if anyone knows how I can use this to study.

Thanks in advance!

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends in what type of game you wish to specialize in - freerolls, MTTs, Sit & Gos, Jackpot Sit & Gos (not recommended). From there find videos and or books available online to start teaching yourself.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books and videos are good, but the best way to learn poker deeply is practise, practise and practise again. I'd recommend you to focus on playing and analyse your hands trying to find mistakes and understand them to prevent new ones, it should be super productive.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
There are so many free resources out there. Upswing Poker, pokerstars school and any videos/blogs by Jonathon Little are all very good resources. Trust me, once you start looking, you will find more than you need.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reason to pay at your level because there are so many free learning tools that will help you get to the next level.The best advice is to play a lot, review your hands and study !!

D

dungnc284

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
books and videos are good, but the most important is still practice

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On your mistakes and learn from them and Don't repeat the same mistake. Focus on your leaks study some books, watch videos, and if you have a program like poker tracker 4 or holdem manager analyze your game study hands and look where you need to improve your game

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say if you really want to become a big winner you should choose a very specific discipline (SnG, MTT, mass multi-tabler, HU) and focus on that. There are endless poker resources out there. Don't forget Twitch! I learn a lot just from watching the good pros and listening to their decision making process.