When is the time to make the first deposit?

D

Dasndi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players face this doubt. Is building a bankroll playing freerolls a good experience? Tell us your opinion on the subject. Beginners should start with freeroll or deposit?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
deposit.
grinding freerols will give you some bad play habbits + how long will you need to play them to actualy get some $$$? even 1/2games ~need60-80$

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo, when you feel that u can play freerolls in comfortable way. Given your question, it's probably the correct time right now (given u did not hit one time big heater).

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with playing freerolls and won some money but i lost them all very fast as i was beginner and didnt know how to play,i recommend to start with freerolls and try to win some free $$ and if you see that is not possible then deposit.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players face this doubt. Is building a Bankroll playing freerolls a good experience? Tell us your opinion on the subject. Beginners should start with freeroll or deposit?

If the experience in online poker is a little money do not mind, start play with the money

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players face this doubt. Is building a Bankroll playing freerolls a good experience? Tell us your opinion on the subject. Beginners should start with freeroll or deposit?

I would say that building a bankroll with freerolls is not a good experience. It costs you a lot of time, for very little financial payout.
If you can afford it and enjoy it, then depositing will probably be money well spent.
Want to watch a movie, or buy a video game, or go skiing, or go bowling, or play golf? Those all cost money, and if you enjoy them (whether you do well or not) it's money well spent.
By all means, make a financially responsible deposit and have fun with it.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you feel ready, but in my experience when you feel ready is not when you are ready, you will feel like you know everything about the game and then you will keep playing and learning and then you will compare with yourself and realize that actually you wasn't ready. I don't know if this might help you but is just my expirience and i hope that be helpful for you

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think beginners should start with freerolls.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frankly, I have now also concerned about this issue.
Briefly tell your opinion and experience at the moment. By the time I had enough play freerolls, not to say that is good enough to play, but there is progress. Win prizes in tournaments. But all winnings quickly left. But that I built a bankroll - it is difficult for the freeroll.
As mentioned above, if you like to play bowling, billiards and other games - you need to pay. And here in online poker as well.
P.S. I think the main thing here is to listen to yourself - how well and well you play poker to make a deposit. This issue is unlikely that anyone will be able to say more than you yourself.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you find some "deposit 20$, get 20$ instantly" bonus :D

Zeimar Silva

Zeimar Silva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freerool is not enough.

I think playing freerolls is not a good parameter to know when you're ready to deposit.
The playing style of the freerool players is very strange.

V

vizuelizacij

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
always

it's always the right time for the deposit if you do not like playing

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They would start with some studing of the basic principles of the game , some rules , later make a deposit , then play some games in real money fixed limit . They can resume studying strategy and in depth play , and when they feel ready they can try some no limit .

But by then , they would be ready to play some play money or freeroll games , for more exercise , as they could then distinguish the right poker from the donkish , so they would play these and try to get better (in some play money tours it is possible) or play some frerolls differently for bankroll reasons, and they would know that the way they play at them is far more loose different than the normal , so they wouldn't get affected a lot by these .

On the contrary , if they started from freerolls first , their play style and game would get affected in a bad way .

K

Kkingpoker30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion is. the best to play for beginner it is, without to do deposit in first time. let us learn and after see.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely freerolls. Learn the nature of the players first. Too many disappointments with a first deposit. A little bit of euphoria first followed by a series of shocking bad beats. Try to play with OPM (other people's money) for a while and see how you do.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When will earn the first$ 50 dollars without making a Deposit then do it.

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing freerolls to acquire a decent amount of money to play with will require a lot of time. If you have good skills and understand the fundamentals, then you're ready. I would suggest making a deposit on a site that gives a 100% bonus.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would say that building a bankroll with freerolls is not a good experience. It costs you a lot of time, for very little financial payout.
If you can afford it and enjoy it, then depositing will probably be money well spent.
Want to watch a movie, or buy a video game, or go skiing, or go bowling, or play golf? Those all cost money, and if you enjoy them (whether you do well or not) it's money well spent.
By all means, make a financially responsible deposit and have fun with it.

Love this ^ response! :)

Also, if you're only playing freerolls, you will likely adopt some (many?) bad habits that you'll need to fix in the future. Most freerolls are played much differently than real $ poker games (although not always).

No time like the present.

The time is now!!

When I first started out I picked out a couple pokersites & deposited at each (I believe it was $175 total). I told myself that this would be my startup entertainment bankroll & if I was able to make something of it... great. If not, I'd re-assess in the future but I was attempting to make this deposit a 'one-time' thing in hopes that I'd get good enough & play within proper bankroll management guidelines. I knew nothing of BRM at the time but just chose to only play tournament buyins up to a max. of $3... I remember that there were some Cardschat buyin games running at the time that I would pass on because they were too rich for my roll (they had $5 & $10 games on Stars)... & because the players here were way too good. I also chose to play in the occassional freeroll along with my buyins as I would find out about many of them across a number of sites (priv. affiliate freerolls were very abundant back then). Playing in both I was able to maintain that bankroll & only deposited again so that I could obtain deposit bonuses & the like.

Good Luck! ... & have fun! I guarantee your only regret is that you'll have wished you'd done it sooner! It took me a couple months to decide while watching hundreds of television ads. & hearing of friends who were playing on Absolute Poker.

tldr: I too hesitated to deposit. I tried to supplement my bankroll with freerolls while also playing buyins. My only regret was >>> I wish I had done it sooner!

P

ParagonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting up!

Definitely a hard question! Need a lot of data to suggest you can cope.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When checked with the poker room

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To release the withdrawal. :)

N

nworsley94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started playing recently and haven't enjoyed my experience of playing in freerolls as much as playing with 'real' money. Many of the freerolls I've played on pokerstars have basically been players going all-in with average hole cards. I've made a total deposit of $10 so far, had some good wins and some losses, but I'm about breaking even playing mostly micro stakes and ZOOM games.

I haven't played at all on any other sites so I can't comment on them

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, many sites offer a good prize in freerolls,as well as provide an initial bankroll.I'm your first Deposit made when increased bankroll to the minimum amount of withdrawal to be able to withdraw money from the site.Now I have no need to make a Deposit.Money to bankroll enough for the game if the bankroll decreases,then turn to low limits.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
After you've already studied hard, played a lot of freerolls, and already feel prepared to start winning because depositing to play with the money is not worth it. If you put money into poker, it means you want to make a profit from it.