Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Good day everone
My question
Does anyone actually fold AA or AK
If yes than at what stage or for what reason?

Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

B

blackchip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble

I could see it being folded at the bubble of a satellite tournament where you could just wait it out and get a prize. Ace King is far from the nuts, do not fall in love with this as it will crush your heart with all in pre-flops. Tough call, play with your instinct.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive Folded AK a lot in Online tourneys right before the bubble because for me it never seems to hit , AAs I'm never folding preflop. Bubble or not. AK in live tourneys if its the bubble , ill try and get in without spending a lot but I wont just flat call the blinds. and AA in live I'm never folding

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA it is very rare that I throw this hand especially since I always used to play it very aggressive preflop.par against AK is certainly one of the hardest hands to play in Texas Hold'em and many are those who lose their feathers and wings that go with them. As attractive as it is, AK remains a draw hand because even if your two cards are actually strong, you do not have a hand made.you must be able to not over evaluate and gauge his potential at the desired time. In some situations you will have to throw it away without any remorse.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should fold your AA when 3 or more players go All-in and it's normal to fold. KK you can fold when you raise from utg and player make 3-bet by big size. If it's regular player or nit he knows that from utg you raise very good hands and if player 3-bets you with not standard size, for example 5-6x raise, in many times you will see AA.

N

nickcass12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never folding AA preflop. No matter the case.

AK I may fold if there are multiple callers in a 3 or 4 bet pot, or facing an opponent who could only be playing QQ+ (Super Nit 3 or 4 bets).

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I folded AA once post flop on terrible textured board, with several people in the hand. AK can be an easy fold, depending on the circumstances. See more people hitting the rail with that hand.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes sense folding AK offsuit, but I never fold AA, only if flop is very bad.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi! a lot of situations, you're on the dough, you have a small stack, wood Board, against you went to Olin serious rivals.factors add up these cards very much.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If flop is 9 to Q suited I fold AA often with heat. AKo i fold usually for my MTT life to sustain my stack if I suspect the top 6% of hands which are all pairs.

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is easy to fold for me. AA is harder but when the flop is suited or connected I fold em when somebody goes all in. I mean it's just one pair, nothing more. ;-)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have fold the monsters preflop on Bubble when my opponents had more stack than me.Post flop with 3 same suits or afraid str8 .

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Fold AA

Ok
On the same line of thought...

You have AA and you raised 10BB preflop.

I am your opponent and i make the call (both have similiar stack size).

Flop is 5C 8C 2C I go all in.

You have AA with A C
What will you do????????
Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have folded a-k many times depending on board and position at table never folded a-a but they have been cracked many times.to me it's all about table position and how many other's are in.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok
On the same line of thought...

You have AA and you raised 10BB preflop.

I am your opponent and i make the call (both have similiar stack size).

Flop is 5C 8C 2C I go all in.

You have AA with A C
What will you do????????
Thanks
Manoj

Bluffzone68

Tourney or Cash? Was this heads up or what? Whats your actual chip stack to mine? Thinking im still calling with the belief that you're trying to buy me off any club and ensure your Pocket pair is good

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am calling that everyday of the week

G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could see it being folded at the bubble of a satellite tournament where you could just wait it out and get a prize. Ace King is far from the nuts, do not fall in love with this as it will crush your heart with all in pre-flops. Tough call, play with your instinct.
Exactly. In a satellite, where all prizes are the same, AA is a pre-flop BUBBLE fold vs bigger stacks that are allin. Gotta leave your ego at the door. Easier said than done in my case, but I have suffered the consequences, when I have sided with ego, instead of proper poker play. I would also probably fold a short stack AA pre-flop, at the wsop ME at the bubble, if faced with an allin. :eek:

Last edited:
A

Almeidao18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can fold Aces

If you're at the final table with five players involved in all in, I can
ICM makes a lot of difference

Flatran

Flatran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way to fold AA - AK for me would be if I am close to a prize bubble very significant to me, or if there are cards on the flop such as 5-6-7 or suited connectors.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold AK a lot, this hand has cost me more chips than any other pockets.
I will play AK when I am in the perfect position, the price is cheap, and everyone else has folded, or, When I am desperate for chips.
With pocket AA, it`s go big or go home time, I go all-in most of the time.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the fold of the KK once. It was a lot of players after me that make a decision to call or not the all-in made before me. So I made fold and other players made fold also and we will have never known if villian has something ((
The board was too dangerous to call all-in against whole table.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble or too serious all-in.
Weird question actually. Too many cases when even the best hand can be useless.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is actually not that good of a hand, so there are many situations where it is an easy fold. Aces can only be folded in a situation where you absolutely need to cash (like a satellite that pays everyone the same or if you're playing for a significant amount of money around the bubble.)

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation on the table.
If you have lots of people in the pot and you see something like 678 9 on the board, already someone can have better hand, so better just to check and fold if someone will bet.

R

rustofor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA - I will fold only when it's satellite, and 3 people before ticket. Only in this situation.

AK - 3 situations for me to fold with this cards:
- 3 or more people before me go ALL IN
- I have big stake in final table, 3 players in the game and 2 of them go ALL in
- Bubble in satellite

Folding in Poker