When do i go All in with Jacks?

D

DeathView

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi im pretty new to online poker. But i played with a few friends privatly. Now in a small group playing Jacks is something i could do all the time. But since i played online im starting to overestimate Jacks. I know that hands are very dependable on the position you are in. So going through the Positions when do i fold, call, or raise(go all in)?

And i know the term that you cant play Jacks well ;):jd4::jd4:

Last edited:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Open shove or call all-in with jacks when you're short-stacked..

Most of the rest of the time it's prudent to play them cautiously and to flat-call raises pre and reassess based on flop texture/action..

It's very easy and dangerous to over value jacks and jamming over raises pre will likely lose more chips than it will win in the long run.

In MTT's it's super important to gain as much information (i.e. seeing the flop before committing your entire stack) as possible because even AA can turn into near enough trash with a very unfavourable flop..

~EDiT:- This is MTT advice, cash games & smaller SNG's you should perhaps play JJ more aggressively..

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the surface Poker may seem like a simple game with simple rules. It isn't that easy and there are no fixed ways to play any cards. There are no short cuts to gain experience and expertise.