When to bluff?

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally we use bluff against serious and tight players, but not against beginners and fishes.
bluffing all the time may cost you too much, you have to change your strategy allong the game, otherways you will be predictible for your opponnents.
Somes players are not patiente, they start bluffing in a wrong moment. For exemple it's not useful to bluff earlyier in MTT, because you simpaly risque your ships for nothing, while you need to be tight and play only the cards and not the players.
the best moment to bluff is when there is to much money in the middle, and your opponent is very tight. It's very risky to bluf against an agressive player and against the ship leader and the shortest stacks.
before bluffing someone you need to have a very good read on him and use your feeling to choose the right moment for your bluff.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that u need to try not bluff...
but... sometimes that tool makes the difference... mainly with really "bigs big blinds"(never said that before)...
So.. try to read ur opponent... and when u think that he is just in "shovel" situation... try it...
Don`t raise too much to seems like bluff...
don`t raise too little to make an easy call....
take tha average of it.... and take ur pot.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely use it, so they tend to do better. I use it very rarely and even so, it always fails

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now look... NLHE without bluffing is a losing business...
Seriously, you have to bluff nearly all the time.
I'm not even talking about HU or 3handed, but also 6max or full ring.
I mean, you're stealing blinds from button - that's a bluff. You get called - coming flush draw for you and you gotta make a Continuation Bet - that's a bluff too. You don't get it on turn, so you shoot another barrel, that's another bluff.

Please don't tell me, you're not bluffing at No-Limit poker, you are confusing yourself lol. You're bluffing all the time, if you play proper. Because only made strong combination to be bet with can be recognized as not a bluff. :deal:

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never try to bluff more than 3 players no matter how much checking is going on.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally we use bluff against serious and tight players, but not against beginners and fishes.
Bluffing all the time may cost you too much, you have to change your strategy allong the game, otherways you will be predictible for your opponnents.
Somes players are not patiente, they start bluffing in a wrong moment. For exemple it's not useful to bluff earlyier in MTT, because you simpaly risque your ships for nothing, while you need to be tight and play only the cards and not the players.
the best moment to bluff is when there is to much money in the middle, and your opponent is very tight. It's very risky to bluf against an agressive player and against the ship leader and the shortest stacks.
before bluffing someone you need to have a very good read on him and use your feeling to choose the right moment for your bluff.
I play in the sameway!! Totaly agree wuth you! Cheers:beer:

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to bluff until you are caught .. and then sit out ... but it also depends on what players are in front of you ...:cool:

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think as important as deciding to bluff or not is also the size of the increase. Not so large that you compromise, not so small to be paid by hands with value.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely bluff online, in tournaments, because everyone calls, and what happens is that I often check myself into oblivion, the losing hand. I think that continuation bets, however, are very important, especially if you're in position.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the key to successful bluffs is your image. If you folded 85% of your hands pre-flop and showed at least 2 pair everytime you actually played a hand to the river then your opponents will respect your pot-size bet on the turn unless they have have the nuts or at least a very strong hand. So first create your table image and then you can steal some nice pots with nothing by simply repeating your betting patterns from previously won pots.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It seems easy. Being like that what do shark players do to bluff and earn more chips than lose in the long run?

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed

Bluffing all the time may cost you too much, you have to change your strategy allong the game, otherways you will be predictible for your opponnents.

Also position is very important. You try to be at late position and do not bluff to many people at once :)

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Now look... NLHE without bluffing is a losing business...
Seriously, you have to bluff nearly all the time.
I'm not even talking about HU or 3handed, but also 6max or full ring.
I mean, you're stealing blinds from button - that's a bluff. You get called - coming flush draw for you and you gotta make a Continuation Bet - that's a bluff too. You don't get it on turn, so you shoot another barrel, that's another bluff.

Please don't tell me, you're not bluffing at No-Limit poker, you are confusing yourself lol. You're bluffing all the time, if you play proper. Because only made strong combination to be bet with can be recognized as not a bluff. :deal:

I agree with you on this. If you ain't caught bluffing once in a while you are not using the image you have set up for yourself. Semi-bluffing is a key tool to anyone's game. Being caught bluffing isn't a bad thing if you can use it to your advantage while playing. Remember that if you bluff and nobody sees your hand, then nobody knows for sure that you bluffed them out of a pot. Bluffing is a part of the game. Some players are good at and others are not.

P

Pezzession26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When your chasing and don’t hit

When your chasing and don’t hit

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you need to use bluffs from time to time from time to time, for there can be many reasons, sometimes there simply are no hands for the game, then I use bluffs for survival, sometimes to win against very tight players, in general the main thing is to calmly and take this as part of the game, well and try to bluff convincingly if you do this.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A good poker player needs to be able to apply every possible strategy in the correct situation. Learning when to show aggression to make a player lay down a better hand is very important if you intend to become a good player. However, depending on the poker site and stake levels you’re playing at, it is possible to be a winning player without ever bluffing. When you have position against a single opponent who checked the flop back to you, a bet is often a good play, even if you haven’t hit the flop. Players who have shown weakness after the flop by checking will often lay their cards down when you continue with the aggression you showed before the flop.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best bluff is the ones we anticipate and prepare preflop. but it should not be abused because generally players prefer to pay and see your cards rather than fold a hand even average.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I heard that bluff best works in small pots. And no sense to bluff against "calling stations". Also good option - is semi-bluff!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I can't bluff. If I bluff, it usually ends badly for me. I'm just trying to play with good cards

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try not to bluff and my opponents usually know this, so when I do think I can pull the rare bluff I take my chances. Persinally I've seen success bluffing when everyone else checks most likely revealing that they didn't get anything off the flop.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash or tournament

in tournaments never bluff in the beginning - but in the middle part you need to start bluffing/steal blinds.

depends a lot on stack, position and table historic but agree avoid stack leader, short stacks and multiplayer hands.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you start your bluff on the turn cause if you do it on the river it's very suspect that's when people want to call you a lot of times you can tell when somebody not got a hand I like to check and let people think I don't have nothing that's when I bust there head

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In general, your thoughts are literate, but there is no template, for example, if you find yourself in a bank with a loose aggressive and in another bank with a nit, which of them is more likely to have air and who will be easier to knock out of the distribution)))