when AA is no good

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its the worst feeling when you get pocket AA and the flop comes with 2 of a kind or flush draw potential. I have lost with my aces 3 times in a row this week and its so frustrating. Any tips on how to know when your aces are no good?

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You answered your own question in your post.

its the worst feeling when you get pocket AA and the flop comes with 2 of a kind or flush draw potential. I have lost with my aces 3 times in a row this week and its so frustrating. Any tips on how to know when your aces are no good?

To be honest...aside from busting, it is...…...the worst feeling!:mad: Most times when I get them, I go all in pre-flop and let fate take care of the rest!:) Hopefully someone with KK,QQ,JJ will call me. If a K,Q, or J comes out on the flop then...….."That's Poker.":( Usually, everybody just folds though.:rolleyes: I've gotten a handful that called me on it...with me being the victor!:cool:
Good Luck!:D

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Haha Nice from busting

To be honest...aside from busting, it is...…...the worst feeling!:mad: Most times when I get them, I go all in pre-flop and let fate take care of the rest!:) Hopefully someone with KK,QQ,JJ will call me. If a K,Q, or J comes out on the flop then...….."That's Poker.":( Usually, everybody just folds though.:rolleyes: I've gotten a handful that called me on it...with me being the victor!:cool:

and on that take some gold ... ... ... kk .. the time to bet against time is horrible; With Aa this can be peaceful.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mistake

The pairs become peaceful when 2'3 ... players are in the ring, as evidence of a straight / flush is likely!

AA should be useful when the villager hits the flop with another pair

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That's not exactly the best way to play AA, first of all its very exploitative. Secondly, you're missing a lot of value with AA there if you just shove and hope worse hands call you. Yes sometimes you'll get beaten out by a flush or straight or set or two pair or honestly anything, but you can't play poker scared of that. You need to just accept that sometimes you will get beat out by a random hand that hits but if you remember that poker is a long term game you need to make plays that are the most profitable in the long run. The issue with shoving AA so early, is that if someone calls with KK they are guaranteed to see all the cards so if something connects on the river when you shove they freely get that card, however when you actually play the hand you could make them fold the pot after putting some money in before they have a chance to see the river and thus you don't have to worry about it as much. I would suggest you watch some videos, there's a lot out there on what to do with AA, hopefully you can figure it out

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed who has more TT glasses that do not help

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The only thing you can do to prevent such cases is to stop playing poker. Think about what is more important to you.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

observe opponent reaction and don't pot commit when in doubt

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You got the best starting hand so go all in before the flop so week
hands won't call you, if they do and beat you well that's poker.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although AA is the best hand pre-flop, it may no longer be the case post flop. The more people that see the flop the more likely that on pair type hands will not be the winner at showdown. This is why you always want to play AA heads up as much as possible as one pair hands have the most value in these situations. If you raised pre-flop from early position and multiple players called, then based on the board texture might need to check fold. I wouldn't cbet into multiple people if the flop is a wet board texture, most of the flops hit your opponents and not yours.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This would not be the best way to play AA as you are losing so much value in the long run. This is the type of starting hand you want to build a pot with, sure you will lose 20% of the time heads up with someone but you are going to win 80%. This means if you play for value, look at how much you will add to your bankroll. By going all in pre-flop with no action in front you, you are getting hands that you want to call and play against you to fold. Also, it sounds like your post flop play is very fragile. I would work on studying so you can increase the bankroll.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your feedback.

This would not be the best way to play AA as you are losing so much value in the long run. This is the type of starting hand you want to build a pot with, sure you will lose 20% of the time heads up with someone but you are going to win 80%. This means if you play for value, look at how much you will add to your bankroll. By going all in pre-flop with no action in front you, you are getting hands that you want to call and play against you to fold. Also, it sounds like your post flop play is very fragile. I would work on studying so you can increase the bankroll.

See you at the tables!;)..........Good Luck!:D

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pocket Aces.....ugh Well i would rather have them then show down against them. I usually am cautious when i get pocket pair, it always seems that the flop comes and favors the other players, rarely do i get an ace on the flop.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pay attention if some one in the table is getting lucky/hot seat or if lose or tight player is the one in the hand with you and bet depending on that. bet decent preflop. not enough for them to fold but enough for them to call only with good cards.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a big raise just enough so that only someone with a really good card will enter the game. Half the time, I just throw them at the all-in.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You have to watch the players at your table, you must play very aggressive with that hand. The more players, the less likely you are to win even with AA