What's your fold frequency on a C bet when you miss?

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on I folded too much when pushed back when the pre-flopped raiser pushed back and I missed. My game has matured to call some C bets and, increasingly so, re-raise. I do that for two reasons: pot control, and to set up a turn lead-out, sometimes with air, but sometimes a check raise when appropriate against the right player in the right circumstances. Even a shove, in some circumstances where I'm probably still behind. It works for me as I'm more or less a TAG a have some street-cred with my action.

What say you all?

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it really depends on who you against. If it's someone that c-bets 100% of the time, you can get away with calling a lot more of them or even re-raising because you know that they most likely missed too. If they rarely c-bet than most likely they hit something big and you should fold and save your self some chips. That being said you should still c-bet with a range that fits your play so that you don't get into a position where everyone at the table know exactly how to read your c-bets. But yeah basically determine the percentage based on how often someone cbets and how tight/loose they are preflop to make a good decision about what to do in each position

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so if the pot is like 1500 some one c bets to 4500 i should go 7500 lol

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now poker is very aggresive and players c-betting almost everytime. vs c-bet You need to know how opponents play postflop and how solid is their c-bet. You need to have info about not only c-bet but also about second and third barrel.

You should c-betting less aganist players who are calling stations :)

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the players. If they are always agressive, c-betting can be only bulling. If they are not, if they only bet if they think the'll win with that hand, think twice before calling

R

recimo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In micro stakes mtts I find it that people are often very sticky and they often call you with bottom pair or even ace high on some boards. Especially if board is paired on the flop, they're not folding Ax... I think it's sometimes better to check flop and bet turn as a bluff if you have nothing and you think that your opponent also has nothing. That's just me talking from experience of playing mtts like big 2.20 on stars. That's maybe bad strategy in general, but in those situations it worked for me more times than it didn't so... :D

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends the opponents and my stack; do I believe them or not and can I afford to bluff. In practice I often fold if I missed the flop and there is a cbet.

Folding in Poker