What's the best way of playing out of position (Post-flop and pre-flop)?

I

IntrovertedRebel

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tips on how to play hands better out of position?

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold them pre, makes post flop much easier.

Obv some hands will be played, so I would be raising more OOP to narrow the field.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like starting said, fold most of your hands when OOP.

If you think the hand is good enough to limp in with, then it's probably good enough to raise. If you don't think it's good enough to raise, but good enough to limp in with, then it's best to fold.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Let's say you're oop and you have a piece of hand like midle pair, or top pair with a weak kicker, first you have to keep the pot small you won't play a big pot unless you have a big hand so check-call or check-raise. or you have the option of the blocking bet. you bet 1/3 the pot to block vilain from betting 1/2 the pot and to get some information, if you get raised fold.

Z

zefalosss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be more tight, adjust, always adjust.. if you play with tighters bluff more and play more hands.. if you play with lose player tighten your range.. fold more preflop on blinds

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play PP from any position. The problem is, If I don't hit the trips, then it gets very hard to continue playing. So, although I might go a small raise or limp in any position, I will most likely need to fold if I come up against any serious opposition.

L

lauraPOKER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like starting said, fold most of your hands when OOP.

If you think the hand is good enough to limp in with, then it's probably good enough to raise. If you don't think it's good enough to raise, but good enough to limp in with, then it's best to fold.

Phil: this will become my everyday prayer!! THANK YOU

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil: this will become my everyday prayer!! THANK YOU
lol.

Just keep in mind this is just general information. A lot depends on effect stack sizes, blinds, opponents, etc.

But yeah, entering pots with a raise is usually better than limping in.

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In positon/out of positon
Top pair out of positon
We want to keep the pot small, in position we can keep it bigger and bigger, but the check turn its a smart move

We want the call or fold?
When we want to call we can slowplay your bet small to induce the call, this is when we have top two, flush, full house...

But if we want him to fold?
Normally a tight player fold to half the pot, but the loose player like to see one more card, we need to bet pot, overbet, all in

When we have Value... top set in out position
-small bet....
-bet or check
-Induce the player to bet with worse hands than us

But like a lot of peopl said, fold the most hands pre-flop, in out position we want to play with good cards, tight is the key...

A

Angelo3

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of position you must raise 4-5bb good card and let players know you have a very strong hand.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either raise or fold,depend on table dynamic.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
out of position you have to play on good hands and on good hands bet big to make most players to fold. When you have bad hand dnt bluff just fold

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any tips on how to play hands better out of position?

Pre-flop is the classic advice, play with good hands, pos-flop play agressive, but you have to see how your opponents react to C-bet, and double barrel, so it depends not only on the stage of the game but also on the characteristics of your opponents

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending where ur pos is, if it is folded to u ,from middle oop ,bet with TT or better, near CO opeb ur range

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend, it depends on the hands that play against you and your hand. There are situations when the position will play a very big role! So play with positions more profitable! I'm talking about the long run. and not about a particular hand.