What are your strength and weaknesses in poker?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have realized knowing what kind of personality I am is the key point to succeed in poker and life.

As Dan Lok (my favorite business coach) said in his book F.U Money
If you want to make your F.U. Money as quickly as possible, you have to focus on your strengths and outsource everything else.
So, I want to "outsource" my weak points in poker and use my strengths as much as possible.

I don't use HUD at this moment, so I really can't say what is really my biggest weaknesses in game theory, but I can say my biggest strength in general is I can make fast decisions. So, I have to add volume as much as possible, and by knowing my weaknesses, I have to avoid those situations where I can't perform well. I have a very good optimal play against unknown opponents. Math is not my strong area, so, avoiding mathematical situations could be very helpful strategically for me. Also, I am impatient (that's why I make fast decisions), I can't do marathon sessions, I have to take short breaks by time to time, and consider playing A-game as much as possible, but fewer hours. 

So, what do you think about what's your strengths and weaknesses in poker? Is it avoiding hate-losing tilt, understanding timing tells, how to bluff by snap-raising or something else? Let's analyze together. :cool:

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been learning and playing poker for a year and had live played quite a lot of tournaments in a short time in my opinion.

My biggest weakness in poker and probably true for a lot of beginners is when to 3-bet(especially preflop). It’s something I’m trying to work on and do more often.

But also post flop too like when I flop a straight. Sometimes I 3-bet sometimes I try to slow play but end up hurting myself cause the player hit the two exact cards needed to either beat my straight or split the pot(bad luck there I guess). Though 3-betting probably would’ve prevented this “bad luck”

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is finding the fold button especially when I KNOW I should be folding.

I would say my strength is my love for the game itself - its allowed me to further my knowledge of the game and led me to much better decision making because of that. I certainly win more today than I did 4 years ago

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible game with the top pair, after a few losses in a row I start tilting, the strong side can wait a very long time when nothing comes in.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would say my strength is my love for the game itself - its allowed me to further my knowledge of the game and led me to much better decision making because of that.

That was a good one. Probably the most important skill that anyone can have.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Terrible game with the top pair, after a few losses in a row I start tilting, the strong side can wait a very long time when nothing comes in.
So I do. The weakness is that there are a lot of beginners, but I remain calm that this allows you to make the best decision and work on yourself.:smile:

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start out well but I get too agressive and inpatient Good for tournament play when blind get bigger but I need to stay even tempo during cash table play. I need to take breaks more often and rest and eat between hands. When I get tired I make bad decisions unknowingly
Online it okay it’s easier to breaks Live I tend to want to stay with the action. I needed to learn to walk around if I not in the hand and take a break and just eat and observe
If I am at the table longer than any else twice over then it’s too long and time to go

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience

Patience is by far the best trait for me. If I'm playing micro tables, I'll see every flop if the entry is cheap, but if playing a higher dollar table, I will patiently wait until I catch a good hand. Same in tourneys, the blinds start low, I see every flop if cheap, but as the stakes rise I may go 20-30 hands without seeing the flop, assuming I already have a decent stack.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

My main strenght in live poker is may ability to read my opononents well. Another, is that
no matter the amount I play without fear of loosing. As this is an open forum, Ill keep my weaknesses to myself. You should be giving info to your opponents,

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Sorry. Not giving info on weaknesses to possible opponents,

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My strength is patience, the biggest detriment to my game, losing patience. In two tourneys today, I was on the bubble, and played hands I should have folded, didn't cash in either. However, I won appx $2 yesterday, and $2 the day before when my patience was on point.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, this is my biggest weakness, but is not the one I consider needing the most work. I am recovering from brain trauma. I have a tendency of making illogical leaps if my brain is going sideways. It is getting better with the treatments I am getting and as I am getting my discipline back. Do not consider playing high stakes if there are brain issues. Believe me, mental issues will hurt you. Then again, the way some of the people play on some of the sites I frequent, well, I may get money soon.

My biggest strength that I am shocked is translating into the online is reading many bluffs. I was shocked I would be able to translate it into the online environment. The other day someone was screaming bluff, with the amount of hands and the bets. I called him with K high and took him out. No bragging, just saying it is nice to see it translates from irl to online.

My biggest weakness is a toss up between bet sizing and my gambling side. I am working on sizing, as hold em is way different then I am used to. My next is that I am not wanting to stay in hands like many others are. I have a good flop, but do not stay in if someone is betting on the heavier side if the flop is not close to what I need. I just do not want to gamble lots of chips for no guarantee of getting what I need. Same goes for having a marginal hand and someone overbets. I could improve, but not necessarily. I almost consider it being an ATM if I keep going, even if I river rat it.