okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
This may help us all recognize our leaks and maybe plug them.

My biggest leak by far is over-valuing TPTK and over pairs to the board in the face of raises on the flop and turn.

When I now see raises from tight players on a wet board, instead of losing untold BBs I swallow my pride bite the bullet and fold my big pairs, two pairs and sometimes even sets.:eek:

A

Antilyzer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
folding tough spots i guess is my biggest leak

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest leak is .....Poker:mad: . My BR would be great if I just never played:D .

Seriously, I think my biggest leak is playing too nitty and being too predictable. A certain degree of nittiness is fine, especially at the lower levels of the micros. But as you move up that style becomes more easily exploitable. I'm at 25nl now, and I'm just starting to run into enough observant players to realize I need to open-up my game. The process of moving from nit to TAG, however, is much more easily said than done:( .

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am being a calling station.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
My biggest leak is .....Poker:mad: . My BR would be great if I just never played:D .

Seriously, I think my biggest leak is playing too nitty and being too predictable. A certain degree of nittiness is fine, especially at the lower levels of the micros. But as you move up that style becomes more easily exploitable. I'm at 25nl now, and I'm just starting to run into enough observant players to realize I need to open-up my game. The process of moving from nit to TAG, however, is much more easily said than done:( .
I'm playing 5/10 TAG and ensuring this.

Make sure no loose players are sitting on your left especially calling
stations, maniacs and LAGs, leave table if you are getting consistently raised from the left.

Loose passive players on your left are optimal as you can be aggressive and raise from the high-jack cut-off and big blind positons.

Be inclined to believe tight passive players if they re-raise you.

If your range is nitty then you probably begin ahead of the LAGs, but be prepared for these players to suck out on you.

The calling stations on your left kill your bluffing range as the tend to call anything whereas the tight passives will believe and fold.

Having the stations and LAGS on your right enables you to evaluate in advance any of their moves.:jd4:

Jeight

Jeight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chaseing flushes and open ended straights

A

AT2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
we all have leaks in the games we play in. Our leaks are only as bad the players which do not pay attention to what you will do in situations. Leaks online are very difficult to do because the only tells yo have is the quick call and hopefully see what the he calls raises or pushes with at the end of the hand. Live poker you can get a little better read on apponites as they squirm in there seats. Just because you have the chip leader call in an online game does not mean he does not know he lost he may be checking your hand requirments to follow up on future play aginst u.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we all have leaks in the games we play in. Our leaks are only as bad the players which do not pay attention to what you will do in situations. Leaks online are very difficult to do because the only tells yo have is the quick call and hopefully see what the he calls raises or pushes with at the end of the hand. Live poker you can get a little better read on apponites as they squirm in there seats. Just because you have the chip leader call in an online game does not mean he does not know he lost he may be checking your hand requirments to follow up on future play aginst u.

best first post evar, watttt?

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK KC what is " winners tilt ".Thinking you're bullet proof after a good collect, maybe?:jd4:
Winners tilt is that feeling you have after a big win, that feeling of "I just recieved a healthy boost to my BR and therefore can afford to take risks with my hands"

Basically playing poorly because you think you can.

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

lol say that again?

Anyway my biggest leak is not believing opponents bets and raises. I always think I'm ahead and every1 else has nothing and they are just bluffing at the pot.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happened to me about 3 years ago, I remember it vaguely...It was at the corner of Main and Elm Street..next to the hardware store

I had been drinking a lot all night and all day, was about 11.00 pm and I took the biggest leak of my life....lasted forever:p

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I once took a leak for almost a minute before. I really had to go that day. Lots of soda pop.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Happened to me about 3 years ago, I remember it vaguely...It was at the corner of Main and Elm Street..next to the hardware store

I had been drinking a lot all night and all day, was about 11.00 pm and I took the biggest leak of my life....lasted forever:p

LOL we must have been thinking the same thing at the same time. You beat me by 4 minutes!

R

RossMk2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is the fact i hate letting go of hands once i get so far, as i play a TAG game!

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adjustments against opponents changing gears. I'm late in recognizing the shift.

S

steortex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop Over playing A q or J then not being able to fold if i dont hit or chasing a FLUSH like the NIT i am

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Giving players credit for having the ability to think at levels beyond what they're actually capable of thinking at.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF is an apponite tho

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may help us all recognize our leaks and maybe plug them.

My biggest leak by far is over-valuing TPTK and over pairs to the board in the face of raises on the flop and turn.

When I now see raises from tight players on a wet board, instead of losing untold BBs I swallow my pride bite the bullet and fold my big pairs, two pairs and sometimes even sets.:eek:

You can fold a set? Unless there is a flush out there or there's no question that someone has Broadway, I don't fold a set. I figure I'm gonna whup tighty this time. Perhaps that's a leak on my part. But if I'm beat, I'll pay that one off most of the time. But I usually am not the one paying.

I have plenty of other leaks as well. The list is too long. I'm working on it.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably mine is getting to see a "free" flop in the blind, connecting and then losing to someone else with a better kicker, overpair, 2 pr, etc.

That and playing drunk and/or tired...

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one leak i know i got to fix is giving a free card for a flush/str8 draw.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Another big one that tends to drain $s over-valuing JJ when there has been action.

An opponent raising pre-flop has you dominated with QQ, KK, AA and is nearly evens with AK and AQ.

They don't usually raise for the love of it.

So JJ at best is a just see flop hand from me now on, and when there is flop action on a wet board I'm going to fold.

I'm shifting more to getting in cheap with connected hands and taking down players who fall in love with there big broadways and pairs pre-flop.

The AA KK type hands have a tendency to win small because nobody has a hand or die big when the chaser grabs you by the nuts and twists.:eek:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is like a pipe..

Last edited: