Flop ( pot 12.38bb)
QQQ
everyone check
Turn
QQQTs
Hero check, UTG1 bet 1bb, CO raise 7.69bb, fold, fold, call, call
River ( pot 35.44bb)
QQQTs7h
Hero 22.68bb, fold, CO 45.36bb, Hero all in, CO call.
CO had KK.
Hero wins 260bb in early stage of the tournument and a bounty for CO.

So, I was wondering two things.
1. Should Iplay such hands deferently in a long run?
2. What should I do if I`m in CO position with poket top pair???

I realize that CO should have raised me pre-flop. I might even have folded to his 3bet. But souldn't he had folded after my bet on the river???

Last edited:
Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you flop such a monster, slow playing is always a good idea. You can be very sure that nobody will get a better hand. If I had KK I would always 3-bet preflop. As you said with AQ you might have gone out then. I would have tried not to let the pot get out of hand. Pot control would have been important here. Sure he thought with his full house with QQQ KK that he would have the better hand, but in this particular situation he should have played more cautiously. In this situation the full house is not worth that much because someone with a queen has four of a kind. After all, you could have had AA that beat him too. He has position on you. He should have kept the pot as small as possible. Let's say Hero is in the CU and holds KK. Villian UTG open raises AQ. Hero 3 bets. Let's say everyone else goes out and Villian calls. After the flop, Villian checks. It's a good flop to c-bet so Hero raised. Villian calls. All alarm clocks have to go off at Hero. What could Villian have to call here? Villian will never call with only an ace because Hero 3-bet preflop. So Villian has a pocket pair or the queen. Therefore, Hero has to realize that he has to control the pot here. Both check on the turn. Villian continues to slow play and Hero realizes that something is wrong and wants to keep the pot small now. On the river, a pot-sized bet comes from Villian, which Hero pays. So he lost a lot less money.

Last edited:
frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi, guys!
Had an interesting hand yesterday.
MTT PKO 9max
Hero AsQs (UTG, 156bb) raise 2.25bb
UTG1(83bb) call,
fold, fold, fold
CO (122bb) call
BU fold, SB and BB call

Flop ( pot 12.38bb)
QQQ
everyone check
Turn
QQQTs
Hero check, UTG1 bet 1bb, CO raise 7.69bb, fold, fold, call, call
River ( pot 35.44bb)
QQQTs7h
Hero 22.68bb, fold, CO 45.36bb, Hero all in, CO call.
CO had KK.
Hero wins 260bb in early stage of the tournument and a bounty for CO.

So, I was wondering two things.
1. Should Iplay such hands deferently in a long run?
2. What should I do if I`m in CO position with poket top pair???

I realize that CO should have raised me pre-flop. I might even have folded to his 3bet. But souldn't he had folded after my bet on the river???
[emoji19] it's better when hero comes crying.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm using the translator.
Pretty badly the way the villain played. With 2 players in the hand and him in the CO with KK he just calls giving odds for the BU, SB and BB to call.
Then on the turn that someone beta he decides to raise, being that anyone there could have the queen. He will probably only call if he is losing.
And then on the river you bet and he still goes all in ???? horrible his move !!

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with the people saying that CO played this badly post flop (I agree he should have 3bet preflop). They only lose to AA or the one remaining Q. Since they didn't 3bet preflop they're not going to be put on KK, so they'll likely get value from lower pocket pairs or any 10x. In the CO position in this hand I'd be happy to get all-in, and if I lose to one of the few hands that beat me, so be it, you can't win them all.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the sort that does not get crazy with aggression normally on preflop. He may have the same idea. The reason I do not mind just calling is because people do stupid things preflop at the stakes I am playing now. So, he may have just moved up stakes and did not transition to the best way for that stakes level. That said, I would have called a 3 bet with AQ. It can flop good and folding is not difficult if a person keeps the aggression.