What is the worst starting hand in poker?

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Speaking of absolute value, the worst starting hand in Texas Hold'em is 72, with cards of different suits, this being the hand that fewer options to win.

But personally for you and that which would be the worst hand?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that many cards that play badly are not only 7-2 but also 8-2 and 8-3 7-3 6-2 5-3 4-2 sometimes they play well, but this rarely happens!

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking of absolute value, the worst starting hand in Texas Hold'em is 72, with cards of different suits, this being the hand that fewer options to win.

But personally for you and that which would be the worst hand?

There are a lot of bad hands such like : (of course 72 ) 73, 93 ,26 , or 28 .. i would always fold those hands ..

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best and worst hands are obvious, but I think the most overrated hand is AK. It might be because I'm uncomfortable playing it on a missed board, but I find it's very inconsistent in general, despite a lot of people playing it as aggressively as JJ+.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst poker hands are without a doubt 7-2 and 8-3, but also 2-5,2-8,4-9. the first two are basic as the worst the others are a small example of which hands would not play

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the worst possible start-up cards are 2 7.

seven_outs

seven_outs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that said, i tend to make huge bluffs with 7-2 just to prove that it doesnt matter what cards you play, its how you play them and vs whom

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A combination of 2 and 7 different suits is considered the worst hand in Texas Hold'em. These are the 2 lowest cards from which it is impossible to make a straight (4 cards between 2 and 7). Even if these cards are the same suit, the flush will be too weak. Do not save the situation and the presence of a pair of one of them.
Some players, knowing that this is the worst hand, play it for fun and call it a hammer.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should love hands like 72o because they make your decision easy. FOLD. The most dangerous hands are ones that can get you in trouble like KJ. These are hands that look good, but can be easily dominated. Low suited connectors can get players into trouble, too. Many players will always play a suited Ace. So, you can easily lose to a higher flush or straight.

seven_outs

seven_outs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should love hands like 72o because they make your decision easy. FOLD. The most dangerous hands are ones that can get you in trouble like KJ. These are hands that look good, but can be easily dominated. Low suited connectors can get players into trouble, too. Many players will always play a suited Ace. So, you can easily lose to a higher flush or straight.

yeah but thats also the thing why i love to play babypairs or suited connectors. If you dont hit something on the flop, its easy to fold when theres overcards on the board.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course 7-2 but I almost never play either 9-2, 8-2, 10-2, rarely 6-2 unless they're suited I thinks this are the wors hand of poker in NL texas holdem

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah but thats also the thing why i love to play babypairs or suited connectors. If you dont hit something on the flop, its easy to fold when theres overcards on the board.

Small and mid pairs are great hands because, like you said, your decision in usually pretty easy on the flop. A common quote is "No set, no bet". You just have to be disciplined enough to fold them pre-flop if the bet is too big. After all, you are only going to hit your set 12% of the time. Suited connectors are generally good cards to balance out your opening range. However, the lower ones can easily turn into trouble hands. You have to be careful with those, too.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Absolutely, if you have the absolute best or worst hands, it shouldn't even be a decision what to do. It is the middle range of hands which cause issues where someone can be beating you. I'm pretty much never playing if I have a 2 unless I have the button or my other card is another 2 or an ace.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
There is a common belief that this is a 7-2. But in my opinion, there is still: 7-3, 8-2, 8-3, 9-3, 9-4.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Statistically 72o is the worst overall starting hand due to its low value cards and low probability to make a straight or flush, and when they do, are likely to be beat by a better straight or flush.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst

The worst starting hand in poker seems to be any two cards I choose to play today. One of those days. Everyone has there strategy that works for them. If it's cheap I'll look at a 7,2. Believe it or not I have won some change from 7,2 but I would never raise with it. Even if it hit. People see 7,2 on the board and there blind to it. So play them if there cheap.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
normal 27o less likely to hit anything but event with 10-2 some big tourneys were won so you cant say it. like the pre post said it if it is cheap ( when i am in the blinds already)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much any hand I draw.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strongest weakest hands or hands the lose big pot and win small ones KJo,KTo,AJs and offsuit.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No the worst starting hands in poker are not 27. We fold that hand and lose nothing. I'd say the worst startin hands are JJ 1010 KJ J10 KQ those hands lose alotta money imho and are better used to bluff with

D

D1ieg0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the worst hand is when you had a very slow play and you only call with AA in the button and then you get mad because other player won with 2 pairs 8-3 or something like that. That is the very worst hand.

Sorry about my English I'm not an English writer or speaker.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From pure equity point of view its obviously 72, but there are many more, some that are playable too but suck just coz they win so rarely haha :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
27o - the worst pocket hand in Texas Hold'em. 27o are the two smallest cards from which it is impossible to make a straight. Even if your cards are the same suit and you are lucky enough to collect a flush, then it will be weak in order to expect to win.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands