What way do people like to play JJ?

A

aces4allin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys. Just wondering what way do people like to play JJ? Any input would be good. Thanks.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi, i think it depends on type of tournament, opponents, your stack etc. but in most cases i make raise 3bb if nobody made raise before me

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time with pocket jacks I like make a small raise and see the flop first before committing anymore chips.

devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket jack i think to see the stacks in table make the raise and play agresive.

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cautiously play hole card pairs like JJ, TT and 99 pre-flop. But, to put this practise into context, I do so knowing that they are middle pairs with a low 70-73 win percentage. When I do play JJ, TT and 99 pre-flop, I only call and I never raise. And, if someone raises pre-flop, my call will quickly turn to a fold. My strategy pre-flop is to see the flop cheaply in the hope that I can trip when the community cards hit the felt.

If nothing happens on the flop, I will check, hoping to get to the turn card without any further investment. If some one raises, I will fold because chasing trips past the flop can get quite expensive. However, if I do trip on the flop, depending on the cards on the felt, I will either slow play my trips against under cards to maximize profit or raise the entire pot against over cards to protect my trips.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard a saying several years ago: There are 4 ways to play JJ............and they are all wrong!!!

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like we play between TT and QQ. Raise preflop, CB if you have a good flop, no bigger card above jack. And preparing to fold if you see scared card like QKA.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So I played with JJ pocket pairs:

https://www.boomplayer.com/25219980_5640E4EE85

it was a knockout tournament. The player in the small blind raised after three times, and I decided that in this situation it was better to see the flop.
after the flop, the small blind makes a small bet (usually this bet does not give you any information about the strength of the opponent’s hand), and since I had a higher pair, I made a pretty big bet: (this bet is necessary so that I can understand where I am in distribution in relation to my opponent). Considering how he plays in the range, there may be pairs AA-1010, and also AK-AQ !!! After his all-in, I decided that, most likely, he could play with monsters in this way, and considering that he was a very strong player (I looked at his statistics on the statistics website), I decided to fold cards !!!!

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many factors that have to be considered - do you play cash games or tournaments?

Stack sizes, position at the table, blind levels if a tournament, etc etc - you need to include more information to get good replies. :)

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to play them is probably not to play them at all,because I have seen JJ lose too many times and that's why you need to be careful when you get them.

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jj have petansil bee a hiro or go to zero
In tour can bee allin in post flop
Bet in cash in i like bet and see flop for see came eny hi card be dangers of course whatch cerfuly movment my opponent

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise pre-flop 3 to 4 bb’s and depending on how the cards play out if their no cards higher than jack bet aggressively on the turn and river.

T

ty taylor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys. Just wondering what way do people like to play JJ? Any input would be good. Thanks.

Every hand is different. Depending on position, stack, and how people perceive you how you are playing previous hands. There are two hands that are the most difficult to play. JJ and AQ. I read somewhere there is a 50% chance that a Q K or A will hit the flop while holding JJ. So any over card on the flop can make this hand much more difficult and ultimatley costly to play. There are two different ways that I play this hand which depends on my stack size. If I have a shorter stack size and there isnt a raise and reraise prior to my turn I will always take my time clock and shove all in. This words out most of the time either win the blinds or get a caller with a smaller pocket pair or even AJ or A10. If I however have a greater chip stack I would choose to just call the big blind and try to trap someone for a big pay off. If I am in a later position and there hasnt been a raise I would be a little more aggressive and lay out a small raise, either double or triple the big blind and hope for a beneficial flop or take the chips in the middle.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I will fold preflop UTG.

Like some have already said....it depends on many variables.

Sometimes I open shove preflop.

Good luck !

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Below is what you do with them.

bf23b3b3ea0d611598e4bdba86438b7b--gratis-poker-poker-quotes.jpg

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet, fold to 4bet. or open and flat a 3 bet. Then I'll cbet on favourable boards and check if it's far off from my range.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ... dunno what to say about JJ man , I cant even remember winning a hand with the
JJ post flop .
Pre flop I won with them when I went all in and everyone folded lol but other then
that I havent won post flop .
I tried limping with them and lost , 3 bet and lost got 4 bet by opponent and lost
post both when I just called or went all in after he 4 bet me , so this days I
really get a "there goes my chips" every time I am dealt JJ.
so I really don't know whats the play with them but waiting here to read from some of our wiser members whats the best play with them .

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In freerolls-all in,in money tournaments better fold.It depends on the prevouos play.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure that two jacks are a regular card, and you have to play it depending on the position and the size of your stack.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on which position you are on, which cards are on the flop, since it will depend on it if you really have the advantage or not, if the flop comes camped with a card, I would bet everythingg.:rock:

Newmember_5

Newmember_5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With JJ i would raise probably minimum 3 big blinds.:playingba

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I from any position I enter limp with the intention of forming a three of a kind, if I can not make a good game on the flop and there is resistance from the speaker I fold this hand in case anyone goes allin preflop I particularly also fold this hand . This is adopting the tight style in my game to try to win some tournament.

S

suener

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ raise when noone bet, hen bet before, make a 3-bet, when raised before, call. When re-raised before, fold in off-position, or call in position

BHowell44

BHowell44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Tough hand to play. To be honest in my personal opinion the way I play it is try to get to a flop as cheap as possible. Limp in with it, call a small raise with it, etc. The only time I will ever do anything different is if I have less than 20 BB in which case then I will just shove all in preflop or call any all in preflop.