Last edited by a moderator:
PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the game for you following a GTO strategy apparently. But i wouldn't worry because if im beating micro stakes games there either aren't that many or there not very good.

A

A3200304

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the game for you following a GTO strategy apparently. But i wouldn't worry because if im beating micro stakes games there either aren't that many or there not very good.
Okay so someone puts them to play a certain way and they fold call raise when they have too crazy but they cant see your cards or anything right?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay so someone puts them to play a certain way and they fold call raise when they have too crazy but they cant see your cards or anything right?

No they cant see your cards they are just programmed to follow instructional lines that are preset into them. Your meant to be able to pick them out by there robotical patterns but ive never noticed anything like that tbh. And most sites have programmes to seek them out and ban them i beleive. Although poker sites have gone out of business in the past for giving their own players super user accounts that can see other players cards.It's not something to even pay any concern to though tbh because if you worry about all the stories of bots and scams online youll never play online. Either that or youll probably drive your self a bit potty with paranoia that it's all rigged agaisn't you.

Last edited:
F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like spam that can play chess.

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played against a bot on stars few years ago, I remember clearly...when we got to HU thats when I noticed something fishy, plus thinking back on past hands he always had near nuts, so HU... he folded to my min raises every hand unless something playable, easy....... I min raised him to death lmao, he had no hands hahahahaha

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerbots are just programs people use, cause they are too lazy to learn the game, and are looking for a quick buck.
Good news is, the sites have ways of finding these bots and removing them.
And most bots are dumb as rocks, so most people don't really notice them.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scarier bot, can be only bot, with operator )))

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's interesting to know about pokerbots I'm almost not familiar with them, I think I've never played against one

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No they cant see your cards they are just programmed to follow instructional lines that are preset into them. Your meant to be able to pick them out by there robotical patterns but ive never noticed anything like that tbh. And most sites have programmes to seek them out and ban them i beleive. Although poker sites have gone out of business in the past for giving their own players super user accounts that can see other players cards.It's not something to even pay any concern to though tbh because if you worry about all the stories of bots and scams online youll never play online. Either that or youll probably drive your self a bit potty with paranoia that it's all rigged agaisn't you.
Sad but true.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people wouldn't know if you have played one or not. One of the best quality of these bots they are always playing their A game where as a human that is not the case. Also tilt doesn't exist.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for asking this question. I was curious myself. I will say, I’m not really worried about them now though. As long as I’m positive equity, who cares. They’re just adding money to the prize pool.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is simply no way of knowing if you're playing a bot or a human being... I'm curious how these poker sites are even tracking them down.

What would consitute a Poker Bot? A player who plays exceptionally well? A player who never chats? A player who takes the same amount of time to take action?

Maybe the last one might be a clue, but I'm sure bot programmers can find a way around it.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is simply no way of knowing if you're playing a bot or a human being...I'm curious how these poker sites are even tracking them down.

What would consitute a Poker Bot? A player who plays exceptionally well? A player who never chats? A player who takes the same amount of time to take action?

Maybe the last one might be a clue, but I'm sure bot programmers can find a way around it.

This is from intertops Terms and Conditions:

ROBOTS, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND OTHER SYSTEMS: It is strictly forbidden to use any automated software or computer system to play at INTERTOPS, including the action of sending information from Your computer to another computer where such software or system is active. Poker-Robots or any software designed to play automatically at poker sites is not allowed. At any time while You are playing at INTERTOPS, the Software may scan Your computer for any activity of such software and systems.

https://poker.intertops.eu/en/terms-and-conditions

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
adaptability issues .......

There is simply no way of knowing if you're playing a bot or a human being... I'm curious how these poker sites are even tracking them down.

poker bots are only as good as they are programmed to be.
Most fall short of being capable of adapting to various situations.
That's how "sites" detect them. Sites will use pre-programmed hand vs hand scenarios to determine a players ability to adapt.

Most BOTs play consistently. same hands, same bets, same set of plays that become a distinct pattern.

Some are adaptable, to a point. due to limited time given to complete an action on a hand,
programmable adaptability eats time and becomes a factor. Of course if a player consistently takes a long time to decide, that doesn't mean they are a BOT, just cautious.

Most "Sites" do have in there TOS ( Terms of Service ) a disclaimer.
They have the right to take a snapshot of the processes running on your system.
But that's all they can really do. Beyond that, they begin on infringing on whats considered
private data domain.

I use Flopzilla, wonderful program by the way, and sometimes forget I have it opened.
pokerstars has warned me several times, and pretty much threaten to ban me indefinitely if I don't stop having it running when I log in.
( It was open only once, and I got multiple Email warnings for like a week! )

So in conclusion, don't use a BOT ( if you do your screwed ), and BOTs will always be discovered, ALWAYS!

:hahaha: :wavey: :D ;) :cool:

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I Think of "PokerBots" I'm reminded of this scene with Bender playing Poker...

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a real issue? I mean, I just returned to online poker after some years of not playing and I'm seeing a lot of posts like this talking about bots. I thought that was pretty easy for poker sites to identify and ban.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a real issue? I mean, I just returned to online poker after some years of not playing and I'm seeing a lot of posts like this talking about bots. I thought that was pretty easy for poker sites to identify and ban.

It is easy for them to identify. They spend a lot of money on software to keep their sites on the level. Maybe at some of these low budget US sites you will have more issues. But the more reputable sites work hard to prevent any kind of cheating.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are programs that play by themselves.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really .....

It is easy for them to identify. They spend a lot of money on software to keep their sites on the level. Maybe at some of these low budget US sites you will have more issues. But the more reputable sites work hard to prevent any kind of cheating.

actually it's the low budget offshore international poker sites that are most infested with BOTs.

U.S. based sites have a more strenuous integrity check, and are constantly inspected.

But, Sites will always have BOTs. PokerStars has them.
Where there is a will, there is a way. :call2:

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U.S. based sites have a more strenuous integrity check, and are constantly inspected.

But, Sites will always have BOTs. PokerStars has them.

I'm assuming, since the idea of bots is to make money cheating, that they are more on mid to high stakes, not so much on lower stakes. Would that be correct to think?

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
start low, work high ....

I'm assuming, since the idea of bots is to make money cheating, that they are more on mid to high stakes, not so much on lower stakes. Would that be correct to think?

BOTs usually start at lower stakes, to work most bugs out.
Then begin working stakes higher and higher till no longer profitable.
After which, they tend to settle at one stake, usually the most profitable.

Some only run a few tables, within a specific time/stakes range. Others just smother a couple of mid class stakes, making "Hit and Run" plays, and change tables fairly often.

The way they "Cheat", is simply they are consistent winners.
Long stretches of play and little or no loss.
A human playing 8 - 10 hours, eventually tires and makes mistakes.
A BOT never gets tired, makes minimal mistakes, and is consistent in every game every time, for hours and hours.

They are everywhere, Trust No One.
( Be observant, and you'll be surprised! ):eek:

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all i know that had to be a genius to come up with the poker bot idea. And to be able to program one even more a geniius. but i know ive beaten some

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see a good programed bot working on cash tables being profitable. If you take a look at the shortstack strategy advertised by many poker schools a few years ago, it worked pretty much behaving like a bot, doing standardized moves and changing tables. Tournament and Sitngo play could be more challenging to program I guess, because of it's adaptive nature, it would be very difficult to program all the variables that can occur during a tournament.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots are actually a product of pros designing computer simulations back in the late 80's and early 90's.
It's only recently with more public intrest in programming that they have really taken off.